33s and 4.10s

Old July 20th 05, 04:04 AM
Fred Garvin

Default 33s and 4.10s

I'm planning to put 33" MTRs on my Rubicon. I love the way that it will
idle up a hill with the 31s. Will it still do that with 33s and 4.10s?

Thanks!

-Fred

Old July 20th 05, 04:13 AM
Carl Saiyed

I'm pushing 33's thru 4.10's with my 4cyl on my 89 YJ. Flat roads are no
problem, large hills slow me down to about 55mph or less. The 6cyl thru
4.10's will fare much better. Which engine do you have?

Carl

news

Old July 20th 05, 05:32 AM
Nathan Otis

My I-6 pushes my 33s just fine with 4.10s... Like Carl said, it's not the
low speeds where you'll notice, it's the high speeds. There's a definate
loss of power up there. That said, if you're not a speed demon, you'll be
fine.
n.

Old July 20th 05, 07:28 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

You have a four to one transfer ratio.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 20th 05, 01:19 PM
Norman

"Nathan Otis" > wrote in message
> My I-6 pushes my 33s just fine with 4.10s... Like Carl said, it's not the
> low speeds where you'll notice, it's the high speeds. There's a definate
> loss of power up there. That said, if you're not a speed demon, you'll be
> fine.
> n.
>
> "Fred Garvin" > wrote in message
> news
> > I'm planning to put 33" MTRs on my Rubicon. I love the way that it will
> > idle up a hill with the 31s. Will it still do that with 33s and 4.10s?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > -Fred

My 82 CJ-7 has 33's and a 4.10 rear end. The I-6 crawls fine.

Norman

Old July 20th 05, 03:14 PM
extremetj

I've got a '04 Ruby I crawl great with my 33x12.50 on a 10" wheel....

Larry

Old July 20th 05, 04:16 PM
JimG

Carl, the Rubicon only comes with the 4.0L

--
JimG
80' CJ-7 258 CID, HEI

00' TJ Sport 4.0L, 5sp
4.56 Gears, TrueTrac rear
33" BFG AT on 15x8 Eagle Alloys
D35 Rear, D30 Front. 3" Suspension Lift

Old July 20th 05, 04:18 PM
JimG

Fred,
You will notice a power loss. You will also want to re-calibrate your
speedometer.

Old July 20th 05, 04:56 PM
extremetj

If you check you speedo against a radar you will notice that with 31's you
speedo reads about 3 miles and hour faster than you are really going .....
this is my 2nd ruby as I traded the '03 for an '04 for the interest rate. on
both Jeeps we found the when you change to a 33 that puts your speedo almost
exact. We used a radar from a motorcycle cop. we also use gps for verify the
results. You will notice a lost of power running at interstate speeds, but
we still car capable of running 90 + on the highway. Good luck.

Larry

Old July 20th 05, 08:09 PM
Troy

I had 4.10s on my 33's and recently had them changed to 4.56.

the 4.10 are ok but I really like the powerful feel of the 4.56's... tho my
top end speed isn't as high as it used to be. Haven't switched my speedo
gear out yet from the 4.10s... gotta do that some time soon.

Troy