Where Did Everyone Go?

Old March 21st 09, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Project Magnet #1

Default Where Did Everyone Go?

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Project Magnet #1" > wrote in message
>> I'm still around, even though I drove myself over the edge finally...
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJnRJooJ3k8
>>
>> Les

> really nice Les!... I wonder if I'm the only one that wants to see you go
> the other way at the falls? LOL

I don't think I'd have a chance of going back up... It takes a decent
4x4 with locked differentials to make it up. Some roll overs going up
and down it from time to time.

Les
Old March 21st 09, 11:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Project Magnet #1

John J wrote:
> Project Magnet #1 wrote:
>> I'm still around, even though I drove myself over the edge finally...
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJnRJooJ3k8

> You got a roll-bar in there? My brother, Chris in Colrado, is a
> rock-climbing fanatic. I tried it years ago in a CJ7 with a 401V8.
> Exploded the clutch. Literally. Just because it bolted right up up
> didn't mean it was gonna work.

No roll bar, but everything I do off-road is low speed... 1st gear, and
that's running an 002 bus transaxle with the 5.38 ring and pinion.

> BTW - OT, but I am buying Butcher Boy back next month.
>
> http://www.digoliardi.net/butcher.jpg

Very cool. Still my favorite bike from RMH...

Les
Old March 23rd 09, 09:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected]

On Mar 20, 10:57*am, John J > wrote:
> Howard Rose wrote:
> > On 26 Feb, 00:28, Jan Andersson >
> > wrote:
> >> The newfangled web based forums with their graphics and pictures and all
> >> the other jazz lured people away from our beloved text-based forum

> > Hey group, nice to see some familiar names still around

> > Sadly none of my ISPs have offered Newsgroup access for the last
> > couple of years, we just have to keep out fingers crossed Google keeps
> > supporting it...

> see supernews.com
>
> Not at all expensive. Very reliable. And it crosses all borders.
>
> >http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/p...0883Medium.jpg

> Ah, beautiful!

Long and short of it is Mario scared everyone away.
Old March 24th 09, 09:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Howard Rose[_1_]

"P.J.Berg" > wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:57:51 +0100, John J > wrote:
>
> > Howard Rose wrote:
> > > >
> >> Hey group, nice to see some familiar names still around
> >> Sadly none of my ISPs have offered Newsgroup access for the last
> >> couple of years, we just have to keep out fingers crossed Google
> > > keeps
> >> supporting it...

> > see supernews.com
> >
> > Not at all expensive. Very reliable. And it crosses all borders.
> >
> >> http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/p...0883Medium.jpg

> > Ah, beautiful!
> >

> 'Newsgroups at news.motzarella.org'
> Totally free and works great. You do need to register once, but you
> can spoof it via any webmail service or one of those use-once addys if
> sceptical.
>
> J.

Ahh excellent! Now I have Newsgroups set up on my phone!

--
www.howard81.co.uk