Bluetooth Manual for 2005 325i

Old November 17th 04, 03:46 AM
Robert Spike

Default Bluetooth Manual for 2005 325i

I've just discovered that my Motorola v551 Bluetooth enabled phone
works with my 2005 325i. BMW has done a really poor job letting new
customers (like me) know that Bluetooth is built in and available for
use. I've only been using it for a short time, and I've not had any
problems.

A couple of questions:

1) Is there any way to have the car recognize voice commands in
addition to having my phone book scroll on my radio display?

2) Does anybody know where I can get a User Manual? It didn't come
with my car's documentation. The only thing I received was the Pass
Key.

Feel free to post here or e-mail me directly. Thanks in advance.
Old November 17th 04, 05:40 AM
Paul Martin

Have a look here -> www.x5world.net

Paul

om...

Old November 17th 04, 07:07 AM
Bill Stahl

Hi!
I have an '05 325i, but I have not got my sony-erricson t637 to 'find'
my car. I have assist and a bluetooth pass key.

Is there any kind of 'paring' procedure you had to do? Certain buttons
or anything? Or did your phone just find your car? Did anything
regarding bluetooth paring appear on your NAV or cd player?

thanks for your help!!

Old November 18th 04, 03:46 PM
Robert Spike

I called BMW Corporate, and the said that the Manuals are "on the way"
to the Dealerships. I do have the PassKey, and the Bluetooth works
really well with my Motorola v551 phone. I am just wondering why the
Voice Activation doesn't work. I'm still also trying to get my hands
on a Manual as soon as theu are available. I'm suprised that BMW
doesn't post it (in a .pdf file) on their website.

Old November 18th 04, 03:56 PM
330xi

you must be in the US

in Canada the manuals are currently being supplied with the vehicle

i would suggest you get the dealer who sold you the car to get the info for
you
it is available and his responsibility

Old November 19th 04, 05:31 AM
Foobar Foobauski

Then my question is this: Why would the car have a 4 digit bluetooth
Pass Key printed on a bluetooth card, if the car had no bluetooth
capability? The Pass Key is associated with a device, not the ability to
add a device.

Doesn't that make sense?

330xi wrote:
> if the bluetooth modules are actually installed in your car then a bluetooth
> manual should also be in with your car
> manual kit. if your car is only "pre-wired" then you do not have bluetooth,
> just the ability to add it.
>

> "Bill Stahl" > wrote in message
>
>>Hi!
>>I have an '05 325i, but I have not got my sony-erricson t637 to 'find' my
>>car. I have assist and a bluetooth pass key.
>>
>>Is there any kind of 'paring' procedure you had to do? Certain buttons or
>>anything? Or did your phone just find your car? Did anything regarding
>>bluetooth paring appear on your NAV or cd player?
>>
>>thanks for your help!!
>>
>>Robert Spike wrote:
>>
>>>I've just discovered that my Motorola v551 Bluetooth enabled phone
>>>works with my 2005 325i. BMW has done a really poor job letting new
>>>customers (like me) know that Bluetooth is built in and available for
>>>use. I've only been using it for a short time, and I've not had any
>>>problems.
>>>
>>>A couple of questions:
>>>
>>>1) Is there any way to have the car recognize voice commands in
>>>addition to having my phone book scroll on my radio display?
>>>
>>>2) Does anybody know where I can get a User Manual? It didn't come
>>>with my car's documentation. The only thing I received was the Pass
>>>Key.
>>>
>>>Feel free to post here or e-mail me directly. Thanks in advance.

Performance difference between manual and Tiptronic. RAFAL KRAWCZYK Audi 0 January 12th 05 11:37 PM
156 3.2 24v GTA manual on CD? Glen Rolland Alfa Romeo 0 October 25th 04 11:31 PM
Bluetooth Hatman BMW 2 October 17th 04 03:31 PM
Workshop manual Spider series 4 Alfaspider Alfa Romeo 0 June 17th 04 10:27 PM
F.S in UK. Audi 100 & A6 Haynes Manual 1991-1997 Models Petrol & Diesel joe landy Audi 0 June 14th 04 06:33 PM