What GPS-based speed camera detector also detects red lightcam...

Old January 9th 05, 06:32 PM
Joanny Smith

Default What GPS-based speed camera detector also detects red lightcam...

Speeders are a threat to other motorists. Speed kills. I am sure many
speeders eat sound meals, exercise four times a week, and even have
plastic surgery to look good.

Count on a shortened life, if you drive your car at excessive speeds.

Too many people think THEY ARE NUMBER ONE on the highway. They weave
in-and-out of traffic, and could care less about other drivers.

Old January 9th 05, 09:24 PM
Alistair J Murray

Joanny Smith wrote:
> Speeders are a threat to other motorists.

No, they are not. A subset speeders form a subset of motorists who are
a threat to their fellows.

A driver looking at their speedometer is a increased risk to all around
them.

> Speed kills.

No, sudden changes in speed may kill, speed does not.

> I am sure many speeders eat sound meals, exercise four times a week,
> and even have plastic surgery to look good.

Seems plausible.

> Count on a shortened life, if you drive your car at excessive speeds.

Yes, excessive speed will add to accident risk.

Excessive speed and speed in excess of an arbitrary limit are not
however the same thing.

> Too many people think THEY ARE NUMBER ONE on the highway. They weave
> in-and-out of traffic, and could care less about other drivers.

Overtaking is not in itself dangerous, nor is it in any way more
anti-social than obstructing the public highway by failing to make progress.

Tony Blair, a Minister of the Crown, acted as the agent of a foreign power:
He is a Traitor