need help to repair rear fender on Cherokee 2001

Old July 23rd 05, 04:11 AM
jeepster1216

Default need help to repair rear fender on Cherokee 2001

I have a small dent on the rear drivers side fender near where the shoulder
strap is. I tried to pull in out with a suction cup but could not get it
to stick. What's the easiest way to get the dent out? Also, any tips on
covering up the scratches? Thanks

Old July 23rd 05, 04:47 AM
Billy Ray

A friend of mine took his Ford Ranger to one of those pop-a-dent places and
they used dry ice. It isn't perfect but it turned out pretty good.

lkaboutautos.com...

Old July 23rd 05, 10:59 AM
Coasty

"jeepster1216" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
>I have a small dent on the rear drivers side fender near where the shoulder
> strap is. I tried to pull in out with a suction cup but could not get it
> to stick. What's the easiest way to get the dent out? Also, any tips on
> covering up the scratches? Thanks

I have used this on my wifes car and works great.

http://www.dingking.tv/?source=gg&ca...rm=ding%20king
--
Coasty USCG RET
Remove the SPOOGE to reply

Old July 23rd 05, 08:24 PM
Lon

Coasty proclaimed:

> "jeepster1216" > wrote in message
> lkaboutautos.com...
>
>>I have a small dent on the rear drivers side fender near where the shoulder
>>strap is. I tried to pull in out with a suction cup but could not get it
>>to stick. What's the easiest way to get the dent out? Also, any tips on
>>covering up the scratches? Thanks
>>

> I have used this on my wifes car and works great.
>
> http://www.dingking.tv/?source=gg&ca...rm=ding%20king

Try putting water under the suction cup and if that doesn't work,
glycerin is pretty good. Soap may work, but tends to bubble.
Check with a local body shop, they may be able to save you money
on either covering the scratches or a partial paint touchup.

new tires & maint for 2001 Grand Cherokee Phil Schuman Jeep 1 April 7th 05 02:27 AM
Cherokee lighter repair RGNY216 Jeep 1 December 19th 04 05:39 AM
Cherokee lighter repair RGNY216 Jeep 0 December 19th 04 04:29 AM
UK audi A6 1.9TDI Rear Caliper Repair Kits Buster Keaton Audi 2 August 1st 04 10:39 AM