Holley Truck Avenger

Old August 22nd 04, 08:32 PM
Ltine

Default Holley Truck Avenger

Hey everyone,

I don't know if this has been an issue for anyone but me, but I
thought that I would post it because of the frustration in getting it
fixed. Back in 3-03, I purchased a brand new Holley Truck Avenger
carb. It promised all sorts of performance in 4x4 situations. The
carb does dig well, but the major problem I have had with it, is that
it has a bad hesitation when you stomp the gas off of the line (really
bad). I have read here and there, about others having this problem
with this carb. But nothing ever seemed to be resolved with it. I
spoke with Holley tech service a couple of months ago and they tried
to make it seem like I was doing somthing wrong. After I pressed
them, they sent me a new accelerator pump nozzel, this did not
correct the problem. So I finaly contacted them again this week and
told them that if they did not fix my problem that I wanted a full
refund, and that I was returning to Edelbrock carbs for life! This is
where it got interesting. They told me to send in the carb and they
would upgrade it to the new version in which this problem has been
fixed. I guess all along they new it was a defect with the carb, and
they were just blowing smoke. I asked the guy if they were going to
do a recal or something like that, and he said no. I guess if you
want your $300.00 carb to work the way it is supposed to you have to
take matters into your own hands.

My carb is leaving tomorrow for the upgrade. If anyone is
interested I will post, once returned, if this fixes the problem.

Ltine