Screenwash pump anomoly??

Old December 21st 04, 10:56 PM
Mr Fix It

Default Screenwash pump anomoly??

I have noticed something weird on my 1987 730i (m30 engine).

There are two modes on the screenwash steering stalk:

Water wash only. (Pump 1 only).
Screenwash then water wash. (Pump 2 then pump 1).

The water wash function is fine.
The screenwash function seems to feed water only to the jets.

I have unplugged the water wash pump, then pressed the end of the
stalk to invoke the screenwash on its own ... which produced a dribble from
jets (of pure screenwash).
Plugging pump one back in sees the "water" part of the screenwash cycle work
again.

I have swapped the motors over ... same problem.
There seems to be only 6 volts getting to the plug which goes onto
the screenwash pump ... is this correct.
Holding the button in makes the screenwash pump activate its dribble
for 2 seconds, then off for 4 seconds, then on again for 2 seconds.
(Normal?)

Any ideas where to start ... does the screenwash pump have 6 volts sent
to it on purpose??

Maybe its a control module (one of dozens on this car) gone wrong??

B.t.w: The windscreen wipers work when either screenwash mode is used.

--
Regards....
Steve

---

E34 water pump Alex BMW 1 November 24th 04 11:20 PM
oil pump klimek Alfa Romeo 0 November 13th 04 08:46 PM
water pump on 1999 A4 Buying a Used Audi Audi 4 November 10th 04 08:05 AM
Looking for fuel pump for my 11/1997 156 2.5 V6 Berny Alfa Romeo 0 September 13th 04 11:52 AM
Preventative Water Pump Replacement on 1.8T Engine? Don Borowski Audi 3 June 14th 04 03:49 PM