turn signal sound

Old August 29th 09, 03:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Grumpy AuContraire[_3_]

Default turn signal sound

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

> In article >,
> Dillon Pyron > wrote:
>

>>Not to be smashing on anyone (especially you) but I just drive aware.
>>I do the three mirror scan, I hit the two gauges, I do the head flick
>>when I lane change.

> If you "do the head flick" when you change lanes, that's no doubt
> because your mirrors are set incorrectly.
>
> With correctly set mirrors, there is no blind spot and you can see cars
> as they move out of your rear view mirror and into your side view
> mirror, and from your side view mirror into your main vision at your
> side.
>
> The most "flicking" you should ever have to do is over to the side
> mirror.

Er, you've obviously never driven in Texas where they have mastered the
skill of finding every blind spot imaginable.

Personally, I have never had any vehicle with total foolproof mirrors to
cover blindspots. Any mirror that does so seriously distorts the
picture as to range and position..

JT

Old August 29th 09, 05:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
E. Meyer

On 8/28/09 9:11 PM, in article ,
"Grumpy AuContraire" > wrote:

> Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> Dillon Pyron > wrote:
>>

>>> Not to be smashing on anyone (especially you) but I just drive aware.
>>> I do the three mirror scan, I hit the two gauges, I do the head flick
>>> when I lane change.

>> If you "do the head flick" when you change lanes, that's no doubt
>> because your mirrors are set incorrectly.
>>
>> With correctly set mirrors, there is no blind spot and you can see cars
>> as they move out of your rear view mirror and into your side view
>> mirror, and from your side view mirror into your main vision at your
>> side.
>>
>> The most "flicking" you should ever have to do is over to the side
>> mirror.

> Er, you've obviously never driven in Texas where they have mastered the
> skill of finding every blind spot imaginable.
>
> Personally, I have never had any vehicle with total foolproof mirrors to
> cover blindspots. Any mirror that does so seriously distorts the
> picture as to range and position..
>
> JT

I remember the '55 Olds had the side mirrors way forward on the fenders
towards the front of the car. No blind spots, but adjusting them was a real
PITA.

Old August 29th 09, 07:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
trailer[_2_]

had a Buick rental car once and forgot to turn the signal off. after a
while, a louder dinging started. good idea I thought since I was on an LA
freeway.

"C. E. White" > wrote in message

"Bob Daun" > wrote in message
. ..
> My 2006 accord V-6 Automatic makes very little noise when the turn
> signals are operating. Consequently, some times I don't turn them
> off when I should. My hand may be blocking the green arrow on the
> dash. Is there any way to increase the sound intensity so I will be
> more aware of when a signal is operating?
>
> Bob

Buick solved this problem a decade or more in the past. They included
a warning buzzer/light that went off if the turn signal stayed on to
long.

Ed

Old August 30th 09, 03:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Thus spake "E. Meyer" > :

>On 8/28/09 9:11 PM, in article ,
>"Grumpy AuContraire" > wrote:
>
>> Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

>>> If you "do the head flick" when you change lanes, that's no doubt
>>> because your mirrors are set incorrectly.
>>>
>>> With correctly set mirrors, there is no blind spot and you can see cars
>>> as they move out of your rear view mirror and into your side view
>>> mirror, and from your side view mirror into your main vision at your
>>> side.
>>>
>>> The most "flicking" you should ever have to do is over to the side
>>> mirror.

>> Er, you've obviously never driven in Texas where they have mastered the
>> skill of finding every blind spot imaginable.
>>
>> Personally, I have never had any vehicle with total foolproof mirrors to
>> cover blindspots. Any mirror that does so seriously distorts the
>> picture as to range and position..
>>
>> JT
>>

>I remember the '55 Olds had the side mirrors way forward on the fenders
>towards the front of the car. No blind spots, but adjusting them was a real
>PITA.

Ankle weights and second story balcony railings would have fixed that
problem.

I have some pictures from the early 70s of Datsuns and Hondas with
that kind of mirror.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

"Iran wants nukes? North Korea wants nukes?
I'm sure we can give them some. Or the Navy."

- former B52 wing commander
Old August 30th 09, 02:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_2_]

Dillon Pyron > wrote in
:

> Thus spake "E. Meyer" > :
>

>>I remember the '55 Olds had the side mirrors way forward on the
>>fenders towards the front of the car. No blind spots, but adjusting
>>them was a real PITA.

> Ankle weights and second story balcony railings would have fixed that
> problem.
>
> I have some pictures from the early 70s of Datsuns and Hondas with
> that kind of mirror.

They were mandatory on Japan-market cars until somewhere around 1985.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old September 1st 09, 01:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Thus spake Tegger > :

:

>> Thus spake "E. Meyer" > :
>>

>>>I remember the '55 Olds had the side mirrors way forward on the
>>>fenders towards the front of the car. No blind spots, but adjusting
>>>them was a real PITA.

>> Ankle weights and second story balcony railings would have fixed that
>> problem.
>>
>> I have some pictures from the early 70s of Datsuns and Hondas with
>> that kind of mirror.

>They were mandatory on Japan-market cars until somewhere around 1985.

That's what I thought, thanks.

Old September 1st 09, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Seth

"Dillon Pyron" > wrote in message
> Thus spake Tegger > :
>
>>Dillon Pyron > wrote in
m:

>>> Thus spake "E. Meyer" > :

>>> Ankle weights and second story balcony railings would have fixed that
>>> problem.
>>>
>>> I have some pictures from the early 70s of Datsuns and Hondas with
>>> that kind of mirror.

>>They were mandatory on Japan-market cars until somewhere around 1985.

> That's what I thought, thanks.

Still very popular over there on taxis. The most popular taxi (informal
survey, specifically my personal observation) is the Toyota Crown. Fender
forward mirrors and a driver activated door opener/closer.

Old September 4th 09, 04:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Grumpy AuContraire[_3_]

E. Meyer wrote:
> On 8/28/09 9:11 PM, in article ,
> "Grumpy AuContraire" > wrote:
>

>>Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

>>>If you "do the head flick" when you change lanes, that's no doubt
>>>because your mirrors are set incorrectly.
>>>
>>>With correctly set mirrors, there is no blind spot and you can see cars
>>>as they move out of your rear view mirror and into your side view
>>>mirror, and from your side view mirror into your main vision at your
>>>side.
>>>
>>>The most "flicking" you should ever have to do is over to the side
>>>mirror.

>>Er, you've obviously never driven in Texas where they have mastered the
>>skill of finding every blind spot imaginable.
>>
>>Personally, I have never had any vehicle with total foolproof mirrors to
>>cover blindspots. Any mirror that does so seriously distorts the
>>picture as to range and position..
>>
>>JT
>>

> I remember the '55 Olds had the side mirrors way forward on the fenders
> towards the front of the car. No blind spots, but adjusting them was a real
> PITA.

Yes, that was typical of quite a few cars of that era. My '55
Studebaker President has that set up on both fenders.

But today's mirrors on the door corners don't cover the entire range
UNLESS they are wider than normal angle of view hence perceived distance
can be a hazard.

Simply cannot ignore the laws of physics...

JT

Old September 6th 09, 04:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Thus spake Grumpy AuContraire > :

>E. Meyer wrote:
>> On 8/28/09 9:11 PM, in article ,

>>>Er, you've obviously never driven in Texas where they have mastered the
>>>skill of finding every blind spot imaginable.
>>>
>>>Personally, I have never had any vehicle with total foolproof mirrors to
>>>cover blindspots. Any mirror that does so seriously distorts the
>>>picture as to range and position..
>>>
>>>JT
>>>

>> I remember the '55 Olds had the side mirrors way forward on the fenders
>> towards the front of the car. No blind spots, but adjusting them was a real
>> PITA.
>>

>Yes, that was typical of quite a few cars of that era. My '55
>Studebaker President has that set up on both fenders.
>
>But today's mirrors on the door corners don't cover the entire range
>UNLESS they are wider than normal angle of view hence perceived distance
>can be a hazard.
>
>Simply cannot ignore the laws of physics...

The one about two objects and the same space? :-)

As and added example of the "flick" requirement is the situation where
you have more than two lanes on your side of the road. For instance,
let's say you are driving a 2008 Fit Sport in the outside lane and
want to move to the middle lane. A quick flick confirms that there's
an Escalade that's decided to move into that lane from the inside. Now
Texas law requires the car behind to yield (since the bitch should
have seen my signals), but I, erh the driver in this example, choose
discretion over getting squashed.

Sound signal in BMW AK Audi 3 November 16th 06 04:29 PM
Sound signal AK BMW 11 November 15th 06 09:18 PM
Sound signal in BMW AK General 0 November 13th 06 08:07 PM
Sound signal in BMW AK Audi 0 November 13th 06 08:00 PM
Left LoBeam Out, Turn Signal Warning Signal On Ted Borck Jeep 5 November 25th 05 08:05 PM