Ask the Best and Brightest: Would a Fit Hybrid Rescue Honda's Insight Fail?

Old September 21st 09, 10:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Default Ask the Best and Brightest: Would a Fit Hybrid Rescue Honda's Insight Fail?

Thus spake Dave Garrett > :

>In article >, sjmmail2000-247
says...

>> To put it simply, Honda's Insight sold 4,226 units last month while the Prius sold 18,886. Through August, Toyota sold 93,810 Priora while the Insight motivated only 14,045 buyers. Honda has tacitly admitted that the Insight is not up to snuff. But upgrades could take years. Honda could just as easily have the long-rumored Fit [...]

>The new Insight is ugly as sin. It looks like a Prius. The old Insight
>was quite attractive, with styling cues reminiscent of a 2nd-gen CRX.
>
>Judging from the new Insight and the forthcoming Crosstour, Honda seems
>to have lost its way when it comes to making cars that are attractive as
>well as functional. Given that emotional components can be a significant
>part of purchasing decisions, this is not a good thing.
>
>Dave

You cannot be more right on that last comment. When we first saw the
current generation Accord coupes, Carol's comment was along the lines
of "why have a back seat if you can only fit groceries". How much
headroom back there? The sedan looks okay.

But the Crosstour is ugly along the lines of the late but unlamented
Dodge Magnum.

The CRX was a very attractive as well as fun car. Even the Accord
wagon had some visual appeal to the folks who were looking for a
wagon. While not in the market for an SUV of any sort, the CR-V is
pretty good looking and the Pilot has its own merits. But the
Ridgeline (gone?) is BFU. I think the Honda "stylists" are all 20
year olds attempting to be "cool" and "edgy". "Cool" and "edgy" might
sell a Fit (but that's not why I bought mine), but not a $40K "wagon".
--

- dillon I am not invalid

"Iran wants nukes? North Korea wants nukes?
I'm sure we can give them some. Or the Navy."

- former B52 wing commander
Old September 23rd 09, 01:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Thus spake "Elmo P. Shagnasty" > :

>In article >,
> Dillon Pyron > wrote:
>
>> While not in the market for an SUV of any sort, the CR-V is
>> pretty good looking

>ummmm...what you just said was that the CR-V is in not in the market for
>an SUV of any sort.
>
>Grammar. It's a good thing.

Nog say proofreading good

"While I am not in the market for an SUV of any sort, the CR-V is
pretty good looking."

--

- dillon I am not invalid

"Iran wants nukes? North Korea wants nukes?
I'm sure we can give them some. Or the Navy."

- former B52 wing commander

Boycott Sylvania's "Whitest-Brightest" Ad Campaign for TheirBelligerent Headlights Bozo[_3_] Technology 19 March 12th 09 07:19 PM
2010 Honda Insight-Hybrid W[_2_] Honda 0 September 11th 08 06:23 PM
Honda Insight CVT harry_p Honda 1 August 24th 05 04:45 PM