1990 Integra tail light problem Fix

Old October 16th 09, 05:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Bill Gavin

Default 1990 Integra tail light problem Fix

Finally gave up and took car to the dealership.
They tracked down the problem to a bad relay.300.00 with diagnostics.
Just have to re install radio and things will be back to normal.Money
well spent.Thanks every body for clues to this problem.Got to know my
car a little better.

Bill Gavin
Old October 16th 09, 06:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Seth

"Bill Gavin" > wrote in message
> Finally gave up and took car to the dealership.
> They tracked down the problem to a bad relay.300.00 with diagnostics.
> Just have to re install radio and things will be back to normal.Money
> well spent.Thanks every body for clues to this problem.Got to know my
> car a little better.

Never heard of a bad relay causing symptoms like you described.

Glad it's fixed though.

Old October 17th 09, 09:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_2_]

Bill Gavin > wrote in
:

> Finally gave up and took car to the dealership.
> They tracked down the problem to a bad relay.300.00 with diagnostics.
> Just have to re install radio and things will be back to normal.Money
> well spent.Thanks every body for clues to this problem.Got to know my
> car a little better.
>
> Bill Gavin

I'm really curious which relay they said was at fault. My factory wiring
diagrams show no relay of any kind in the taillight circuit.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old October 17th 09, 10:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
dan

Tegger wrote:

> I'm really curious which relay they said was at fault. My factory wiring
> diagrams show no relay of any kind in the taillight circuit.

My Legend's electrical troubleshooting manuals don't show relays in that
circuit either. I just hope the OP got his blinker fluid topped up as
part of that service.

dan
Old October 17th 09, 11:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Butch Haynes[_2_]

Tegger wrote:
> Bill Gavin > wrote in
> :
>
>> Finally gave up and took car to the dealership.
>> They tracked down the problem to a bad relay.300.00 with diagnostics.
>> Just have to re install radio and things will be back to normal.Money
>> well spent.Thanks every body for clues to this problem.Got to know my
>> car a little better.
>>
>> Bill Gavin

> I'm really curious which relay they said was at fault. My factory wiring
> diagrams show no relay of any kind in the taillight circuit.

Bet it was the relay hooked up to his wallet...

1990 integra no tail lights Bill Gavin Honda 17 October 11th 09 02:25 PM
Tail light problem Greg[_1_] Jeep 15 July 28th 08 03:38 AM
92 tail light and dash light problem [email protected] Mazda 3 June 15th 06 01:53 PM
Brake Light / Tail Light Problem...Help? [email protected] Technology 6 April 7th 05 05:44 PM
Brake light and Tail light problem... [email protected] General 1 February 17th 05 05:39 AM