A Fishkeeping forum. FishKeepingBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » FishKeepingBanter.com forum » ponds » General
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Aquaplancton



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old February 25th 12, 02:23 PM posted to rec.ponds
philip mould
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Aquaplancton


Last weekend i mixed with water and decanted a sack of this in my wild
pond to reduce algae. I had a thriving shoal of tiny (1-2 cm long)
Golden Rudd fry. Three or four hundred probably.
The effect was devastating. Within three days most of them had died.
There was nothing in the instructions to suggest this compound is toxic
to really tiny fish. I am very depressed and extremely annoyed.
My guess is that the hungry fry ate it.




--
philip mould
  #2  
Old October 29th 12, 12:59 AM
Ron Leigh Ron Leigh is offline
Junior Member
 
First recorded activity by FishkeepingBanter: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
Default

Phillip as the owner of www.myhealthykoi.com exclusive supplier of AQUAPLANCTON to North America I must object to your post. As it only ever been sold by the internet and I cannot see your name I doubt it was our product you were using. Also it is sold in bags not sacks. You do not decant it. We advise spreading the powder over the surface of the water. The only time we suggest mixing it with water is if you wish to pour it under any vegation like a lilly. The product has been sold for over twenty years and has never killed anything but aglae. It is 100% natural. Check out testimonials and press review at ww.myhealthykoi.com. I am sure you would have voiced yoru complaint to us directly if this was true so what are you trying to do here? I do hope people ignore this and check us out. Thanks


Quote:
Originally Posted by philip mould View Post
Last weekend i mixed with water and decanted a sack of this in my wild
pond to reduce algae. I had a thriving shoal of tiny (1-2 cm long)
Golden Rudd fry. Three or four hundred probably.
The effect was devastating. Within three days most of them had died.
There was nothing in the instructions to suggest this compound is toxic
to really tiny fish. I am very depressed and extremely annoyed.
My guess is that the hungry fry ate it.




--
philip mould
  #3  
Old July 13th 16, 07:33 PM
Ron Leigh Ron Leigh is offline
Junior Member
 
First recorded activity by FishkeepingBanter: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
Default

Phillip's review cannot be for AQUAPLANCTON. You do not "decant it". It is a harmless mineral. The review should be removed. Please check Amazon UK and USA for accurate feedback.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 FishKeepingBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.