Why do Mexicans hang CDs from their cars' rear-view mirrors?

Old September 6th 06, 12:49 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.motorcycles,misc.transport.trucking,alt.california
[email protected]

Default Why do Mexicans hang CDs from their cars' rear-view mirrors?

Don Gabacho wrote:
> [...]
> they're Spanish and deny that the area used to belong to Mexico? - Bill
> Richardson for Presidente
>
> Dear Readers: Ever since the Mexican first appeared in Albuquerque's
> Weekly Alibi, readers of that muy bueno paper continue to swamp my
> mailbox with this question; it now follows only "Why do Mexicans swim
> with their clothes on? as the most asked pregunta in ¡Ask a Mexican!
> history. The easy response is that New Mexicans are simply smarter than
> other wabs because no one in their right mind should ever claim Mexican
> heritage. Besides, Mexico's claim to New Mexico to the entire southwest
> United States, for that matter is as tenuous as the peso's value.
> Mexico ruled the Land of Enchantment from 1812 until 1848, a
> chronological fart between the much longer reigns of the Spaniards (212
> years), the gabachos (158 years) and the Native Americans (eternal).
> Mexico's lazy mestizos never made much effort to populate New Mexico,
> so many longtime New Mexicans can honestly claim a Mexican-free
> background. But those so-called Hispanos are delusional: even if a
> Hispano can proclaim his family clean of Mexicans, many Hispanos
> intermingled with gabachos or Indians (consult Ramón A. Gutiérrez's
> controversial 1991 study When Jesus Came, the Corn Mothers Went Away:
> Marriage, Sexuality, and Power in New Mexico, 1500-1846
> ). And even if a Hispano has no Mesoamerican blood whatsoever, his
> Spanish ancestors were the mutts of Iberia Jews, Arabs, ******* sons
> and other miscreants who fled the Inquisition for the northernmost
> border of New Spain. The Hispanic experience in America, whether you're
> Mexican, Hispano or even Guatemalan, is one of impurity, so Hispanos
> should stop with their Spanish superiority complex they're no better
> than Mexicans.
>
> Why do Mexicans hang CDs from their cars' rear-view mirrors? - Poor Use
> of That Album
>
> Dear PUTA: Any number of reasons. Mexicans love religious tchotchkes
> seven separate religious icons guard my car, from a rosary to a St.
> Jude prayer card to a statue of the Santo Niño de Atocha (venerated in
> New Mexico and Zacatec! as) so the CD you see dangling might just be a
> Virgin of Guadalupe mini-hubcap. Mexicans also like pretty, shiny
> things dig all the gold jewelry we hang from our earlobes and necks,
> our spinning rims, and our Three Flowers-brilliantined hair. Or
> Mexicans might hang CDs in an effort to stymie radar guns, a
> long-disproved urban legend that only proves Mexicans don't watch the
> Discovery Channel show Mythbusters, which devoted a 2004 episode to
> debunking that popular belief. But to paraphrase Freud, sometimes a CD
> is just a CD. Maybe the offending Mexican wants the world to know about
> his favorite album but can't fit a sticker on the car because all those
> pinche bull decals, Calvin-****ing-on-something logos, Mexican flags
> and "¡Viva México", Cabrones! license-plate holders get in the way.

Hispanics are more superstitious then negroes!

ted

Old September 6th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.motorcycles,misc.transport.trucking,alt.california
Dave Head

It doesn't much matter _why_ they have it hanging from their rear-view mirror,
because a near-secret law in Virginia declares that _anything_ hanging from a
rear-view mirror is illegal. The cops use it as one of those catch-all laws so
that they can stop anybody they feel like stopping - if the guy doesn't have
something hanging from the mirror, then maybe they're 1 mph over the speed
limit... and if they're not 1 mph over the speed limit, then they're going slow
enough to be suspicious for trying so hard to not attract police attention and
_that_ is OK to use to stop them... according to the Supreme Court.

DPH

Old September 6th 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.motorcycles,misc.transport.trucking,alt.california
Rob Kleinschmidt

wrote:

> Hispanics are more superstitious then negroes!

And Caucasians make incredibly stupid generalizations.

Old September 6th 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.motorcycles,misc.transport.trucking,alt.california
Night Rogue

"Rob Kleinschmidt" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> wrote:
>
> > Hispanics are more superstitious then negroes!

> And Caucasians make incredibly stupid generalizations.

Not ALL Of us...

Old September 6th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.motorcycles,alt.california
Screw E'm..Still A Tony Fan

"Rob Kleinschmidt" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> wrote:
>
>> Hispanics are more superstitious then negroes!

> And Caucasians make incredibly stupid generalizations.

Races aside, all cross-posters are assholes.

Old September 6th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.motorcycles,alt.california
BrianNZ

Screw E'm..Still A Tony Fan wrote:
> "Rob Kleinschmidt" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hispanics are more superstitious then negroes!

>> And Caucasians make incredibly stupid generalizations.
>>

> Races aside, all cross-posters are assholes.

Another incredibly stupid generalisation.........
Old September 7th 06, 10:42 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.motorcycles,misc.transport.trucking,alt.california
tscottme

I like to pretend that Mexican culture is the equal of American culture so
that people will think I'm fair minded. All cultures are equal, some just
create the internet and walk on the moon a thousand years ahead of some
other cultures.

Maybe Mexico would be a nice place to live and work if the Mexicans put 1/5
of the effort they spend on running away into making it modern and
productive. Why should people all over the world improve where they live
when they can just buy a plane ticket or start walking? Maybe they know the
real value of "the old country."

--

Scott

The mainstream Left has demonstrated clearly which side of the battle to
preserve Western civilisation and freedom it is on. The Left, in any
recognisable form, is now the enemy. -- Stephen Pollard
http://tinyurl.com/o856g

Old September 7th 06, 01:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.motorcycles,misc.transport.trucking,alt.california
catfish2006

Cuz they are mexicans and a POS..

Old September 11th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.motorcycles,misc.transport.trucking,alt.california
lkkhh

"tscottme" > wrote in message
. ..
>I like to pretend that Mexican culture

you call that a "culture"?

> Maybe Mexico would be a nice place to live and work if the Mexicans put
> 1/5 of the effort they spend on running away into making it modern and
> productive.

absolutely correct!!!!