Replacing Oxygen Sensor.

Old February 19th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Default Replacing Oxygen Sensor.

On Feb 5, 2:27 pm, "Elle" > wrote:
> After putting your car's identifying info in atwww.bkhondaparts.com, do a "list all." Click on "exhaust
> manifold." The pre cat one appears. Click on "exhaust pipe"
> for the post cat one.
>
> These sites are a little tricky to navigate at first.
> Persist. :-)
>
> > wrote
>
> > I can't find a diagram of an O2 sensor on their website,
> > maybe using a
> > different term?

Good news. I purchased an O2 sensor off of EBAY for really cheap
(new), loaned the tool out from Auto Zone, jacked up the car, and
replaced the O2 sensor near the front passenger tire. Total time: 10
minutes.

The check engine light is now gone, and I'm looking forward to passing
my emissions, since my tabs have expired.

Thanks everybody!
Old February 19th 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

On Feb 5, 12:30 pm, " >
wrote:
> I'm going to try and replace my O2 sensor that came up bad during
> diagnostics, and my tabs are already expired. I understand there are
> two O2 sensors on my model: Honda Accord 98 EX 4Cyc Vtec.
>
> Is this something the average joe can locate and replace, or do I need
> to take in into the shop?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> --TJ

OK this is frustrating! Again, the check engine light came on. This
has been consistent since I've owned the car. The light will go away
for a period of time, but then again come back. It's almost like it's
misreading the O2 sensor? Maybe I replaced the wrong one? If I
disconnect the battery, I'm sure the light will go away again, this
time it took longer to come back on. Last time this happened, I was
able to pass emissions since the light didn't come on until I left the
emissions.

--TJ
Old February 19th 08, 10:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

On Feb 19, 2:11 pm, jim beam > wrote:
> wrote:
> > On Feb 5, 12:30 pm, " >
> > wrote:
> >> I'm going to try and replace my O2 sensor that came up bad during
> >> diagnostics, and my tabs are already expired. I understand there are
> >> two O2 sensors on my model: Honda Accord 98 EX 4Cyc Vtec.

> >> Is this something the average joe can locate and replace, or do I need
> >> to take in into the shop?

> >> Many thanks,

> >> --TJ

> > OK this is frustrating! Again, the check engine light came on. This
> > has been consistent since I've owned the car. The light will go away
> > for a period of time, but then again come back. It's almost like it's
> > misreading the O2 sensor? Maybe I replaced the wrong one? If I
> > disconnect the battery, I'm sure the light will go away again, this
> > time it took longer to come back on. Last time this happened, I was
> > able to pass emissions since the light didn't come on until I left the
> > emissions.

> > --TJ

> what is the code number?

I'll have to have that checked out tomorrow.
Old February 20th 08, 06:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Ray[_6_]

On Feb 5, 3:30*pm, " >
wrote:
> I'm going to try and replace my O2 sensor that came up bad during
> diagnostics, and my tabs are already expired. *I understand there are
> two O2 sensors on my model: Honda Accord 98 EX 4Cyc Vtec.
>
> Is this something the average joe can locate and replace, or do I need
> to take in into the shop?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> --TJ

make sure you use oem like denso i am so cheap and this is the only
way i go as much as i hate to

stay away from bosch unless you want more error codes

also the ULEV 4cyl has a different o2 sensor more $$$ make sure you
know exactly which vtec engine you have or more wasted $$$$

most times the o2 on the maniford goes (pre cat) but you really need
to know what code the computer id kicking out to say for sure

last tip make sure no anti sieze gets on the o2 tip when you install
Old February 20th 08, 07:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

On Feb 19, 10:10 pm, Tony Harding > wrote:
> wrote:
> > On Feb 5, 2:27 pm, "Elle" > wrote:
> >> After putting your car's identifying info in atwww.bkhondaparts.com, do a "list all." Click on "exhaust
> >> manifold." The pre cat one appears. Click on "exhaust pipe"
> >> for the post cat one.

> >> These sites are a little tricky to navigate at first.
> >> Persist. :-)

> > Good news. I purchased an O2 sensor off of EBAY for really cheap
> > (new), loaned the tool out from Auto Zone, jacked up the car, and
> > replaced the O2 sensor near the front passenger tire. Total time: 10
> > minutes.

> > The check engine light is now gone, and I'm looking forward to passing
> > my emissions, since my tabs have expired.

> > Thanks everybody!

> Good news, I guess you replaced the pre-cat sensor.

So, does this mean that both of O2 sensors have gone bad?

Thanks,

--JP
Old February 20th 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

wrote:
> On Feb 19, 10:10 pm, Tony Harding > wrote:
>> wrote:
>>> Good news. I purchased an O2 sensor off of EBAY for really cheap
>>> (new), loaned the tool out from Auto Zone, jacked up the car, and
>>> replaced the O2 sensor near the front passenger tire. Total time: 10
>>> minutes.
>>> The check engine light is now gone, and I'm looking forward to passing
>>> my emissions, since my tabs have expired.
>>> Thanks everybody!

>> Good news, I guess you replaced the pre-cat sensor.

> So, does this mean that both of O2 sensors have gone bad?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --JP

that's why you need the code - without it, you're wasting time and
money. you can get it read free at many of the local auto parts
retailers. or you can buy your own code reader for as little as ~$60.
Old February 21st 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

On Feb 20, 11:40 am, jim beam > wrote:
> wrote:
> >> Good news, I guess you replaced the pre-cat sensor.

> > So, does this mean that both of O2 sensors have gone bad?

> > Thanks,

> > --JP

> that's why you need the code - without it, you're wasting time and
> money. you can get it read free at many of the local auto parts
> retailers. or you can buy your own code reader for as little as ~$60.

OK, so the sensor located after the catalytic converter is in the
front?
Old February 21st 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

wrote:
> On Feb 20, 11:40 am, jim beam > wrote:
>> wrote:
>>> So, does this mean that both of O2 sensors have gone bad?
>>> Thanks,
>>> --JP

>> that's why you need the code - without it, you're wasting time and
>> money. you can get it read free at many of the local auto parts
>> retailers. or you can buy your own code reader for as little as ~$60.

> OK, so the sensor located after the catalytic converter is in the
> front?

what is the code?