First time I have heard/read of fuel laundering before.

Old November 18th 13, 10:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

Default First time I have heard/read of fuel laundering before.

Google,,, thejournal.ie Fuel laundering plant with 10m litre capacity uncovered in rural Waterford And probaly in some other high price fuel countries too.
Old November 19th 13, 10:10 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

On Tuesday, 19 November 2013 06:43:50 UTC+8, JR wrote:
> Google,,, thejournal.ie Fuel laundering plant with 10m litre capacity uncovered in rural Waterford And probaly in some other high price fuel countries too.

In Australia about 1999-2000, there was a scam putting 50% toluene in petrol,
as there was no tax on the toluene. Since it is high octane fuel, cars ran
on it fine, but a few models had failures, as some platic or rubber in the
fuel system wasn't designed for such a high level of aromatic solvents.