Toyota struggles to stop runaway crisis

Old February 10th 10, 10:58 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default Toyota struggles to stop runaway crisis

I own an early 1960s Mercedes Benz four cylinder diesel engine I bought
from J.C.Whitney many years ago.That is the only MB thingy I own.Other
than that, I have never owned a MB vehicle before.

My older brother (he was eight years older than I am) was in the Army
too, he was in Germany in 1963.He bought a second hand Mercedes Benz car
in Germany.
cuhulin

Old February 10th 10, 11:39 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,rec.autos.tech
bwala kulusu

Well, it was one of the cable news stations again today: a tape of
someone calling into 911 saying they couldn't stop their car and were
about to approach an intersection.

So basically they have time to call 911 and complain to an operator
but aren't smart enough to shut their damn car off or put it in
neutral, and the media aren't telling people to do this.
Old February 10th 10, 11:49 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 15:39:30 -0800, bwala kulusu wrote:

> Well, it was one of the cable news stations again today: a tape of
> someone calling into 911 saying they couldn't stop their car and were
> about to approach an intersection.
>
> So basically they have time to call 911 and complain to an operator but
> aren't smart enough to shut their damn car off or put it in neutral, and
> the media aren't telling people to do this.

They kind of are, they just aren't spoonfeeding it to the Sheeple.

"MY CAR"S OUT OF CONTROL!!!!"

Anser should have been, "Put it in neutral, dumbass..."

Old February 11th 10, 12:12 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

What with that new snow blizzard going on right now in some states, a
lot of vehicles aren't going anywhere for a while.
cuhulin

Old February 11th 10, 12:17 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:58:37 -0600, cuhulin wrote:

> I own an early 1960s Mercedes Benz four cylinder diesel engine I bought
> from J.C.Whitney many years ago.That is the only MB thingy I own.Other
> than that, I have never owned a MB vehicle before.
>
> My older brother (he was eight years older than I am) was in the Army too,
> he was in Germany in 1963.He bought a second hand Mercedes Benz car in
> Germany.
> cuhulin

What the hell did you do with an M-B Diesel engine?

My first (and best) girlfriend had a 1963 M-B 190D, a four door M-B sedan
with a "four on the tree". Yup...4 speed trans...on the column. It was the
usual H pattern but you had to go about 1/3 of the way into 1st and then
pull back to get into Reverse.

Reverse took a little to get used to...

Old February 11th 10, 01:13 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,rec.autos.tech
Clive[_2_]

In message >,
=?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= >
writes
>They kind of are, they just aren't spoonfeeding it to the Sheeple.
>
>"MY CAR"S OUT OF CONTROL!!!!"
>
>Anser should have been, "Put it in neutral, dumbass..."

Common sense doesn't sell papers, only made up storys to titilate or
sensationalise.
--
Clive

Old February 11th 10, 01:40 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 01:13:27 +0000, Clive wrote:

> In message >,
> =?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= > writes
>>They kind of are, they just aren't spoonfeeding it to the Sheeple.
>>
>>"MY CAR"S OUT OF CONTROL!!!!"
>>
>>Anser should have been, "Put it in neutral, dumbass..."

> Common sense doesn't sell papers, only made up storys to titilate or
> sensationalise.

"Made up story"?

Take a look at Fox news' web page. They had the 911 call for a while.

A lot of news sources had the call.

Old February 12th 10, 03:24 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,rec.autos.tech
Clive[_2_]

In message >,
=?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= >
writes
>"Made up story"?
>
>Take a look at Fox news' web page. They had the 911 call for a while.
>
>A lot of news sources had the call.

Be honest, Fox news isn't exactly unbiased. We here in the UK have a
fair amount of our press and satellite TV from Murdock, we also get Fox
News via satellite. You've also shot yourself in the foot by saying
that "A lot of news sources had the call" Now only one call was made,
why would many news sources want it apart to sensationalise?
--
Clive