Tire Pressure Monitor

Old August 30th 05, 11:02 PM
shiden_kai

Windcat wrote:

>> If the op got the tires rotated somewhere,
>> why on earth should a dealership have to recalibrate his TPM for
>> free?

> Because they might want to sell me another car? Oh I forgot,
> they don't make any money selling the things -- just
> servicing them.

Right! That's certainly what we do at our dealership...hang
around waiting for do things for free so "you might" buy
another car. People like you won't be happy anywhere
anyways....so you might just as well bugger off.

> I'm convinced GM deliberately designs systems so complicated
> they can force you to come back to dealers to have them
> serviced. Owners can't even perform routine maintenance
> anymore because it requires special tools or filters/parts
> available only at the dealer. Really disgusting and one
> reason I've stopped having anything done except an
> occasional oil change because I don't keep the things past
> warranty anyhow.

How very ethical of you! Just pass your un-maintained vehicle
onto the next poor shmuck eh?

Ian

Old August 31st 05, 02:09 AM
Bob I

Humm, and what "routine maintenance" requiring special tools are you
talking about? Oil change? Nope. Air filter check? Nope. Bet you haven't
even read the owners manual. What a yutz!

Old August 31st 05, 04:40 AM
BDragon

Hey guys. People in here have been voicing their opinions and disagreeing
for a long, long time without having to call each other names. It's been
pretty nice that way.

Old September 1st 05, 01:03 AM
shiden_kai

BDragon wrote:

> Hey guys. People in here have been voicing their opinions and
> disagreeing for a long, long time without having to call each other
> names. It's been pretty nice that way.

Yutz? That's fairly tame in the newsgroups. Of course, maybe
you own the newsgroup that you are talking from and have your
own set of rules.

Ian

Old September 1st 05, 01:55 AM
BDragon

"shiden_kai" > wrote in message
> BDragon wrote:
>
> > Hey guys. People in here have been voicing their opinions and
> > disagreeing for a long, long time without having to call each other
> > names. It's been pretty nice that way.

> Yutz? That's fairly tame in the newsgroups. Of course, maybe
> you own the newsgroup that you are talking from and have your
> own set of rules.
>
> Ian

Whatever you're used to Ian. Any name calling is pretty sophomoric. Most
of us just yak about Corvettes, and I guess occasionally get under someone's
saddle with something about a Cadillac, which I think is what upset you.
People come an go, but yes, this is a pretty civil group. Hope you enjoy it
since it is usually much different than many others.

Old September 1st 05, 03:02 AM
shiden_kai

BDragon wrote:

> Whatever you're used to Ian. Any name calling is pretty sophomoric.
> Most of us just yak about Corvettes, and I guess occasionally get
> under someone's saddle with something about a Cadillac, which I think
> is what upset you. People come an go, but yes, this is a pretty civil
> group. Hope you enjoy it since it is usually much different than
> many others.

I didn't respond with the "yutz" comment, was more just responding
to your response. Usually, the only thing that gets my goat is the
enormous number of people that imagine far more items on their
cars ought to be repaired for free.

I'm only here because of the cross posts. Guess I'll trim out the
Corvette group. Nice cars, but I have to work on the things during
the day, so it's just another car to me. Though I did just take an
06 ragtop out for a spin yesterday.....I really...really...like the new
Corvettes. They look better, drive better, feel better....and did I
mention they look better? Unfortunately, GM has managed to
make them even more difficult to work on. We have one (06) in
the shop getting something done to the left fuel tank sending unit.
The whole rear drivetrain has to come out, just to get the fuel
tank in and out. Oh well, winter is coming and we usually don't
see the Corvettes until spring and summer.

Ian

Old September 1st 05, 03:59 AM
Dad

"shiden_kai" > wrote in message
> I'm only here because of the cross posts. Guess I'll trim out the
> Corvette group. Nice cars, but I have to work on the things during
> the day, so it's just another car to me. Though I did just take an
> 06 ragtop out for a spin yesterday.....I really...really...like the new
> Corvettes. They look better, drive better, feel better....and did I
> mention they look better? Unfortunately, GM has managed to
> make them even more difficult to work on. We have one (06) in
> the shop getting something done to the left fuel tank sending unit.
> The whole rear drivetrain has to come out, just to get the fuel
> tank in and out. Oh well, winter is coming and we usually don't
> see the Corvettes until spring and summer.
>
> Ian

Strange, how many 06 Corvettes does your dealer have? I didn't think they
were on the road yet????

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old September 2nd 05, 12:39 AM
BDragon

I know the comment wasn't your's, Ian. Sorry to see you go, if you do.

Old September 2nd 05, 06:47 AM
shiden_kai

BDragon wrote:

> I know the comment wasn't your's, Ian. Sorry to see you go, if you
> do.

I wouldn't worry, I was never really "here" anyway.

Ian