Jumping car incident

Old December 16th 05, 09:54 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Jumping car incident

"ed" > wrote in message
> you may to tell these guys the make model and year

I meant to do that too but forgot, I apologize

1989 Pontiac Firebird.
305 Tpi

Old December 16th 05, 09:55 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

"Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
> On 16 Dec 2005 12:01:04 -0800, "xblazinlv" > wrote:
>
>>Why not just purchase a new battery? Or if you have a battery charger
>>(or can borrow one from a friend) why not use that?
>>

>>http://www.carforums.net/
>>Auto Forums

> He *thinks* he damaged something. IMO, he did nothing but take some
> charge off the battery.
>
> Watch this problem go on for a week before some lightbulb goes on and
> he charges the battery with a battery charger.
>
> Lg

What lighbulb is that LG? the one that applies light to where the sun never
will? Like I said, everything else works. It's your choice to be ignorant,
don't make it everyone else's problem.

Old December 16th 05, 10:15 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Bruce Chang wrote:

> "ed" > wrote in message
> > you may to tell these guys the make model and year
> >

> I meant to do that too but forgot, I apologize
>
> 1989 Pontiac Firebird.
> 305 Tpi

The fuse links for that are on the starter solenoid.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
Aug./05 http://www.imagestation.com/album/in...?id=2120343242
Old December 16th 05, 10:21 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 21:55:57 GMT, "Bruce Chang"
> wrote:

>"Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On 16 Dec 2005 12:01:04 -0800, "xblazinlv" > wrote:
>>
>>>Why not just purchase a new battery? Or if you have a battery charger
>>>(or can borrow one from a friend) why not use that?
>>>

>>>http://www.carforums.net/
>>>Auto Forums

>> He *thinks* he damaged something. IMO, he did nothing but take some
>> charge off the battery.
>>
>> Watch this problem go on for a week before some lightbulb goes on and
>> he charges the battery with a battery charger.
>>
>> Lg
>>

>What lighbulb is that LG? the one that applies light to where the sun never
>will? Like I said, everything else works. It's your choice to be ignorant,
>don't make it everyone else's problem.

I am trying to help you Chang, and you are spitting in my face for
trying to do so.

The starter requires over 200 amperes. That other crap you are
running requires about nothing.

As a result of your insult to me for offering helpful advice, you will
get no further assistance from yours truly. I will delight in your
problems as they multiply in the culture dish of your ignorance and
arrogance.

Lg

Old December 16th 05, 10:24 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

"Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 21:55:57 GMT, "Bruce Chang"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> He *thinks* he damaged something. IMO, he did nothing but take some
>>> charge off the battery.
>>>
>>> Watch this problem go on for a week before some lightbulb goes on and
>>> he charges the battery with a battery charger.
>>>
>>> Lg
>>>

>>What lighbulb is that LG? the one that applies light to where the sun
>>never
>>will? Like I said, everything else works. It's your choice to be
>>ignorant,
>>don't make it everyone else's problem.
>>

> I am trying to help you Chang, and you are spitting in my face for
> trying to do so.
>
> The starter requires over 200 amperes. That other crap you are
> running requires about nothing.
>
> As a result of your insult to me for offering helpful advice, you will
> get no further assistance from yours truly. I will delight in your
> problems as they multiply in the culture dish of your ignorance and
> arrogance.
>
> Lg

Wow. Is that a threat or an offer?

Old December 16th 05, 10:26 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 16:21:23 -0600, Lawrence Glickman
> wrote:

>On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 21:55:57 GMT, "Bruce Chang"
> wrote:
>

>>"Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> He *thinks* he damaged something. IMO, he did nothing but take some
>>> charge off the battery.
>>>
>>> Watch this problem go on for a week before some lightbulb goes on and
>>> he charges the battery with a battery charger.
>>>
>>> Lg
>>>

>>What lighbulb is that LG? the one that applies light to where the sun never
>>will? Like I said, everything else works. It's your choice to be ignorant,
>>don't make it everyone else's problem.
>>

>I am trying to help you Chang, and you are spitting in my face for
>trying to do so.
>
>The starter requires over 200 amperes. That other crap you are
>running requires about nothing.
>
>As a result of your insult to me for offering helpful advice, you will
>get no further assistance from yours truly. I will delight in your
>problems as they multiply in the culture dish of your ignorance and
>arrogance.
>
>Lg

As I hope your car crashes and burns, WITH YOU IN IT, or at least runs
you over while you're working on it, I'm tossing you down the ********
where you belong. I'll be reading your *posts* in other people's
messages, as you twist in the wind of infinite stupidity. How people
like you manage to live from one day to the next defies comprehension.

PLONKAROO

Old December 16th 05, 10:28 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 22:24:46 GMT, "Bruce Chang"
> wrote:

>"Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 21:55:57 GMT, "Bruce Chang"
>> > wrote:

>>>What lighbulb is that LG? the one that applies light to where the sun
>>>never
>>>will? Like I said, everything else works. It's your choice to be
>>>ignorant,
>>>don't make it everyone else's problem.
>>>

>> I am trying to help you Chang, and you are spitting in my face for
>> trying to do so.
>>
>> The starter requires over 200 amperes. That other crap you are
>> running requires about nothing.
>>
>> As a result of your insult to me for offering helpful advice, you will
>> get no further assistance from yours truly. I will delight in your
>> problems as they multiply in the culture dish of your ignorance and
>> arrogance.
>>
>> Lg
>>

>Wow. Is that a threat or an offer?

You cocksucking slope-headed CHINK, why don't you go back to the
chinese laundry you were born in. You don't belong in civilization,
except to starch my shirts.

Old December 16th 05, 10:33 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:15:37 -0500, Mike Romain >
wrote:

>Bruce Chang wrote:
>>
>> "ed" > wrote in message
>> > you may to tell these guys the make model and year
>> >

>> I meant to do that too but forgot, I apologize
>>
>> 1989 Pontiac Firebird.
>> 305 Tpi

>The fuse links for that are on the starter solenoid.

How about it rocket scientist.

How the **** does shorting out the B+ and ground on a battery *take
out* the fusible link to the goddamn starter? Eh?

Old December 16th 05, 10:37 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

"Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 16:21:23 -0600, Lawrence Glickman
> > wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 21:55:57 GMT, "Bruce Chang"
> wrote:

>>>What lighbulb is that LG? the one that applies light to where the sun
>>>never
>>>will? Like I said, everything else works. It's your choice to be
>>>ignorant,
>>>don't make it everyone else's problem.
>>>

>>I am trying to help you Chang, and you are spitting in my face for
>>trying to do so.
>>
>>The starter requires over 200 amperes. That other crap you are
>>running requires about nothing.
>>
>>As a result of your insult to me for offering helpful advice, you will
>>get no further assistance from yours truly. I will delight in your
>>problems as they multiply in the culture dish of your ignorance and
>>arrogance.
>>
>>Lg

> As I hope your car crashes and burns, WITH YOU IN IT, or at least runs
> you over while you're working on it, I'm tossing you down the ********
> where you belong. I'll be reading your *posts* in other people's
> messages, as you twist in the wind of infinite stupidity. How people
> like you manage to live from one day to the next defies comprehension.
>
> PLONKAROO

LG, I'm hoping someone posts this so you can read this. Just because you're
being helpful doesn't mean you can be a Lawrence Dickman about it. You
called me dimwitted and I took offense to it. Apparently you can dish it
out but when it comes back at you, you just plonk people. Go ahead and run
away from the problems you start. It'll just place you farther and farther
from me and as far as I'm concerned, I'm all the happier.

Old December 16th 05, 10:39 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 22:37:56 GMT, "Bruce Chang"
> wrote:

>"Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 16:21:23 -0600, Lawrence Glickman
>> > wrote:

m...

>>>I am trying to help you Chang, and you are spitting in my face for
>>>trying to do so.
>>>
>>>The starter requires over 200 amperes. That other crap you are
>>>running requires about nothing.
>>>
>>>As a result of your insult to me for offering helpful advice, you will
>>>get no further assistance from yours truly. I will delight in your
>>>problems as they multiply in the culture dish of your ignorance and
>>>arrogance.
>>>
>>>Lg

>> As I hope your car crashes and burns, WITH YOU IN IT, or at least runs
>> you over while you're working on it, I'm tossing you down the ********
>> where you belong. I'll be reading your *posts* in other people's
>> messages, as you twist in the wind of infinite stupidity. How people
>> like you manage to live from one day to the next defies comprehension.
>>
>> PLONKAROO
>>

>LG, I'm hoping someone posts this so you can read this. Just because you're
>being helpful doesn't mean you can be a Lawrence Dickman about it. You
>called me dimwitted and I took offense to it. Apparently you can dish it
>out but when it comes back at you, you just plonk people. Go ahead and run
>away from the problems you start. It'll just place you farther and farther
>from me and as far as I'm concerned, I'm all the happier.

You're digging your own hole deeper nitwit. Charge or change the
f*ing battery. You said you only shorted the battery terminals. Put
a charge on the damn battery if it will take one and you're done.

Lg