Miata air scoop

Old March 20th 07, 12:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
altar nospam

Default Miata air scoop

I just installed the scoop that directs air down to the feet when it's
hot. That's bothered me ever since we bought the Miata. 95 degrees
outside and my feet are cooking down there. It apparantly works like
it says it's supposed to. I'm tickled with it. I have no affiliation
whatsoever with the maker, just thought I'd pass it on. Here is the
link to the review on Miata.net:

http://www.miata.net/products/interior/coolbreeze.html

Tom
Old March 20th 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

altar nospam > wrote:

> I just installed the scoop that directs air down to the feet when
> it's hot. That's bothered me ever since we bought the Miata. 95
> degrees outside and my feet are cooking down there. It apparantly
> works like it says it's supposed to. I'm tickled with it. I have
> no affiliation whatsoever with the maker, just thought I'd pass it
> on. Here is the link to the review on Miata.net:
>
> http://www.miata.net/products/interior/coolbreeze.html

I just set the AC to direct air to the floor as well as the dash
outlets. At 110F I sure don't want ANY outside air blowing on me....

Old March 20th 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
altar nospam

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 19:23:31 -0700, XS11E >
wrote:

>altar nospam > wrote:
>

>> I just installed the scoop that directs air down to the feet when
>> it's hot. That's bothered me ever since we bought the Miata. 95
>> degrees outside and my feet are cooking down there. It apparantly
>> works like it says it's supposed to. I'm tickled with it. I have
>> no affiliation whatsoever with the maker, just thought I'd pass it
>> on. Here is the link to the review on Miata.net:
>>
>> http://www.miata.net/products/interior/coolbreeze.html

>I just set the AC to direct air to the floor as well as the dash
>outlets. At 110F I sure don't want ANY outside air blowing on me....

It's never been 110 here, that I know of. The problem with AC is the
amount of power one looses. I do know that the 80 to 95 degree range
is not a time I want the top up with AC, but my legs cook. This solves
that.

Tom
Old March 20th 07, 06:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

altar nospam wrote:

> It's never been 110 here, that I know of. The problem with AC is the
> amount of power one looses. I do know that the 80 to 95 degree range
> is not a time I want the top up with AC, but my legs cook. This solves
> that.
>
> Tom

Wimps. Just kidding, the heat is coming soon here.

One day it was 112 degrees last summer, no A/C, I didn't think I would
need that in Texas, and I had to go through a lot of stop and go traffic
for over an hour each way.
I was medium-rare by the end of the drive and it looked like I had just
been dunked in water. Great fun!

Sounds interesting but I have a feeling that it would either be blocked
by the turbo or melted by it. Do you have a link to a picture of the
product for my lazy self to look at?

Pat
Old March 20th 07, 02:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
altar nospam

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 00:24:18 -0600, pws >
wrote:

>altar nospam wrote:
>
>> It's never been 110 here, that I know of. The problem with AC is the
>> amount of power one looses. I do know that the 80 to 95 degree range
>> is not a time I want the top up with AC, but my legs cook. This solves
>> that.
>>
>> Tom

>Wimps. Just kidding, the heat is coming soon here.
>
>One day it was 112 degrees last summer, no A/C, I didn't think I would
>need that in Texas, and I had to go through a lot of stop and go traffic
>for over an hour each way.
>I was medium-rare by the end of the drive and it looked like I had just
>been dunked in water. Great fun!
>
>Sounds interesting but I have a feeling that it would either be blocked
>by the turbo or melted by it. Do you have a link to a picture of the
>product for my lazy self to look at?
>
>Pat

Unless your Turbo is at the top of the windshield (Which would be an
interesting Miata look<g>), there's no interference. Here's the link,
though.

http://www.coolbreezescoop.com/servlet/StoreFront

Tom
Old March 20th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards

On 2007-03-20, pws > wrote:

> Sounds interesting but I have a feeling that it would either
> be blocked by the turbo or melted by it.

Wrong header. They mean the horizontal frame piece at the top
of the windshield. When I read about it being clipped to and
scooping air from around the header, I thought they were insane
as that's the hottest part of the car. I've no idea why
they're using the word "header" for the windhsield frame.

> Do you have a link to a picture of the product for my lazy
> self to look at?

http://www.coolbreezescoop.com/servlet/StoreFront

I think it's quite clever (though I wonder about how much noise
it causes at highway speeds).

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! DIDI... is that a
at MARTIAN name, or, are we
Old March 20th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

"altar nospam" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 00:24:18 -0600, pws >
> wrote:
>
>>altar nospam wrote:
>>
>>> It's never been 110 here, that I know of. The problem with AC is the
>>> amount of power one looses. I do know that the 80 to 95 degree range
>>> is not a time I want the top up with AC, but my legs cook. This solves
>>> that.
>>>
>>> Tom

>>Wimps. Just kidding, the heat is coming soon here.
>>
>>One day it was 112 degrees last summer, no A/C, I didn't think I would
>>need that in Texas, and I had to go through a lot of stop and go traffic
>>for over an hour each way.
>>I was medium-rare by the end of the drive and it looked like I had just
>>been dunked in water. Great fun!
>>
>>Sounds interesting but I have a feeling that it would either be blocked
>>by the turbo or melted by it. Do you have a link to a picture of the
>>product for my lazy self to look at?
>>
>>Pat

> Unless your Turbo is at the top of the windshield (Which would be an
> interesting Miata look<g>), there's no interference. Here's the link,
> though.
>
> http://www.coolbreezescoop.com/servlet/StoreFront
>
> Tom

"now with bug screen" made me laugh!

i like the idea but don't see how this helps the foot area.

my problem is that after driving on the highway for over an hour and then
slowing down, the heat by my feet is incredibly hot. it is hot no matter
what i do with the controls or ac (even ac on feet only doesn't help). of
course this is only an issue in the summer...

Old March 20th 07, 04:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Grant Edwards wrote:
<snippage>
> http://www.coolbreezescoop.com/servlet/StoreFront
>
> I think it's quite clever (though I wonder about how much noise
> it causes at highway speeds).

I'll let you know. I won one as a door prize late last fall and
haven't installed it yet. It's been too blasted cold here! Plus we
just got another 8" of snow. ;-(

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old March 20th 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Grant Edwards wrote:

> Wrong header. They mean the horizontal frame piece at the top
> of the windshield. When I read about it being clipped to and
> scooping air from around the header, I thought they were insane
> as that's the hottest part of the car. I've no idea why
> they're using the word "header" for the windhsield frame.

I was wondering, header to me means exhaust header unless the windshield
is specifically mentioned. I have called it both the windshield header
and the windshield frame.

I was also wondering why they would attach it to something hot and was
wondering how the hot air was to be directed inside the car.
After I saw "5 minutes to install" under the reviews, I finally realized
that they were not talking about anything under the hood.

> http://www.coolbreezescoop.com/servlet/StoreFront
>
> I think it's quite clever (though I wonder about how much noise
> it causes at highway speeds).

I wouldn't mind seeing what difference it makes, but I don't think I
would put it on my car. I like the lines as clean as possible to the
point that I even remove the emblems when possible, so I am not likely
to put that on my car.
I don't even like the factory trunk spoiler I have, but it came with the
miata. I'll probably swap trunk lids with someone if I keep the car and
re-paint it.

Pat
Old March 20th 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Christopher Muto wrote:

> "now with bug screen" made me laugh!

I didn't see that, heh.

> i like the idea but don't see how this helps the foot area.
>
> my problem is that after driving on the highway for over an hour and then
> slowing down, the heat by my feet is incredibly hot. it is hot no matter
> what i do with the controls or ac (even ac on feet only doesn't help). of
> course this is only an issue in the summer...

There is something wrong there, possibly a lever that is not engaging
properly on the controls.

(insert shameless hawking of goods, I have one from the '96M if this is
the case)

My last miata kept the entire cockpit comfortable for any length of
time, and I almost never used only the lower vent, it was either half
and half or all top vents.
This was during several incredibly hot summers. If I used my lower vent
only, my feet would actually get cold, especially with sandals on.

Is the air coming out of the foot wells cooler than the outside air at
all, and if so, does the air at your feet feel considerably warmer than
the air coming out of the eyeball vents?

I guess you may need to wait a while to tell in NY.

Pat