Saw the new '07 Sebring Thursday

Old November 28th 06, 09:48 AM posted to alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan
Dori A Schmetterling

Default Saw the new '07 Sebring Thursday

I thought the issue was reliability, not boredom.

OTOH, a bit of unreliability makes for excitement...

DAS

---

[...]

Old November 28th 06, 08:56 PM posted to alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan
who

In article >,
Newsgroup User > wrote:

> You bought cars from the most unreliable of the Big 3....

How can you say that as Ford wasn't mentioned! <
Old November 29th 06, 02:33 AM posted to alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan
Newsgroup User

who wrote:
> In article >,
> Newsgroup User > wrote:
>
>> You bought cars from the most unreliable of the Big 3....

> How can you say that as Ford wasn't mentioned! <

That was the point - it's pretty much a given that GM and Mopar build
junk. Ford is about at the Nissan level of quality.
Old November 29th 06, 06:36 AM posted to alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan
David E. Powell

wrote:

> >>On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 22:30:15 GMT, Mr.X > graced this newsgroup
> >>with:

> >>uh..yeah..sure. That's why the Motor Trend Car of the Year was...you
> >>guess it...a Japanese car yet again... (Toyota Camry).
> >>
> >>Now...back AWAY from the crack pipe. Trust me, people function
> >>just fine without drugs....really.
> >>
> >>Reality CAN be your friend. Give it a try.
> >>

> >Hey if Chevy paid Motor trend off the Vega would still be car of the
> >year

> don't *even* get me started on the American cars I've owned (all new
> btw, and, if you knew me, would know that I'm religious about
> maintenance and washing and waxing).
>
> For example, my brand new 79 Berlinetta Camaro.
>
> The pin stripe running down the middle of the hood was off center by
> over THREE INCHES! What the heck was the factory tech doing? Was
> he/she drunk?

Possibly. To be fair, the late 1970s were not the best time for quality
control. I remember vaguely (I was quite young then) seeing misaligned
pin strips on the sides, door panels, etc... not sure if any were off
by three inches, but it would not surprise me.

> THEN they painted clear coat over the pin stripe!
>
> Also, the car arrived *out of the factory* with a dead battery.
>
> Then the starter caught fire.
>
> Then the alternator froze up and snapped the belt.
>
> Then the front end had to be realigned SIX TIMES the first year
> because it kept eating tires.

SNIP

Quality control on US cars has come some ways since then....

DEP

Old November 29th 06, 11:07 AM posted to alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan
Bill Putney

Newsgroup User wrote:
> who wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> Newsgroup User > wrote:
>>
>>> You bought cars from the most unreliable of the Big 3....

>> How can you say that as Ford wasn't mentioned! <

> That was the point - it's pretty much a given that GM and Mopar build
> junk. Ford is about at the Nissan level of quality.

Tell that to my '96 Mercury with the wrong engine wiring insulation
(literally turns to dust), and they held a silent recall and now refuse
to do anything (past the limits they set).

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old November 30th 06, 03:07 AM posted to alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan
Newsgroup User

Bill Putney wrote:

> Tell that to my '96 Mercury with the wrong engine wiring insulation
> (literally turns to dust), and they held a silent recall and now refuse
> to do anything (past the limits they set).

Guess you and the many Toyota owners that have sludged engines even with
3k oil change reciepts that were told to take a hike have something in
common then!
Old November 30th 06, 06:40 AM posted to alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,
who

In article >,
Newsgroup User > wrote:

> Bill Putney wrote:
>
> > Tell that to my '96 Mercury with the wrong engine wiring insulation
> > (literally turns to dust), and they held a silent recall and now refuse
> > to do anything (past the limits they set).

> Guess you and the many Toyota owners that have sludged engines even with
> 3k oil change reciepts that were told to take a hike have something in
> common then!

Are you implying that Chrysler is taking of those unfortunate people who
had the Chrysler 2.7L V6 sludge up?