new "S-Audi" High Gas-Prices ? At Least For A Good Cost Solid Silver Audis For Dubai

Old February 14th 06, 10:16 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default new "S-Audi" High Gas-Prices ? At Least For A Good Cost Solid Silver Audis For Dubai

High Gas-Prices. At Least For A Good Cost
Just Arrived In Dubai. The All New Solid Silver Audis. I guess Audi
S-Class ?

http://www.jumpingpixels.com/audis.html

Old February 14th 06, 10:34 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Actually, believe it or not, that's paint! Apparently the prep job is
really brutal - _any_ imperfections will show up bigtime.
Nonetheless, hey, if ya got it.......
(I wonder if it's quattro-equipped...)
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ
1980 Audi 5k
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

oups.com...

Old February 15th 06, 09:54 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

In message >
"Steve Sears" > wrote:

> Actually, believe it or not, that's paint! Apparently the prep job is
> really brutal - _any_ imperfections will show up bigtime.
> Nonetheless, hey, if ya got it.......
> (I wonder if it's quattro-equipped...)

Actually, that's an A8 - the body panels are all aluminium. They are
polished and lacquered. The plastic bits (bumpers etc. are painted to
match.

Old February 15th 06, 03:21 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Peter,
Oversight on my part about the polished ASF (it was coated to keep the
mirror shine, though). From MTM's web site:
In Dubai the mtm Audi A8 polished was the eye-catcher. The car was analyzed
and in many studies the enamel varnish of the aluminum car body was removed.
Furthermore the car was cleaned. After that, the car body was polished with
fine abrasive paper as well as special polishes to high gloss. The blank
dress must not have any defects, because of the fact that retouching was not
possible. Finally the car was protected with special clear varnish against
environmental impacts.

Because of the fact that it is impossible to polish plastic parts like front
and rear spoilers, mirror house, side sillboard or also fuel tank cap, they
were enameled in a complex way to get a chrome effect. Finaly they were
polished with clear varnish.
Yep, according to the folks at Audiworld it costs around $40k for that
treatment. I'm happy spending less than 1/40th of that on the new paint on
my 5ktq.
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ - formerly Stone Grey Metallic, now Ming Blue Mica
1980 Audi 5k - always been some shade of Mexico Beige
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes - Antique White and Crayon Grey

"Peter Bell" > wrote in message
> In message >
> "Steve Sears" > wrote:
>
>> Actually, believe it or not, that's paint! Apparently the prep job is
>> really brutal - _any_ imperfections will show up bigtime.
>> Nonetheless, hey, if ya got it.......
>> (I wonder if it's quattro-equipped...)

> Actually, that's an A8 - the body panels are all aluminium. They are
> polished and lacquered. The plastic bits (bumpers etc. are painted to
> match.
>
>> Cheers!
>> Steve Sears
>> 1987 Audi 5kTQ
>> 1980 Audi 5k
>> 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
>> (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
>>
>> > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> > High Gas-Prices. At Least For A Good Cost
>> > Just Arrived In Dubai. The All New Solid Silver Audis. I guess Audi
>> > S-Class ?
>> >
>> > http://www.jumpingpixels.com/audis.html
>> >

> --
> Peter Bell (Note Spamtrap - To reply, replace 'invalid' with
> 'bellfamily')

L98: starts, but won't keep running. Dave Gee Corvette 15 October 22nd 05 08:43 PM
cooling site tim VW air cooled 13 January 27th 05 04:33 AM
Good Good Deals! Brendan Carpenter Dodge 0 April 20th 04 04:05 AM