Swapping Out Trans Computers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 28th 05, 10:58 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
n.umich.edu...

> > > ...except we're not talking about Hondas here.

> > Except that you have no experience switching Chrysler transmission
> > computers of different years with different transmissions.

> An interesting thing happens when you assume, Richard, and that is that
> you wind up saying stuff that isn't factual (i.e., it's wrong). That's
> what happened in this case, for I *do* have experience switching Chrysler
> transmission computers of different years. As far as the computers are
> concerned, there are no "different transmissions" -- virtually any
> year/any application TCM will run virtually any year Chrysler 4-speed
> automatic transmission.
>
> > I stand by my note of caution.

> ...which is based on completely irrelevant futzing around with Hondas.

It is also perfectly within the realm of possibility that the CaravanGuy's
1997
trans computer has been firmware updated to a NEWER firmware version than
the 2001 trans computer out of the boneyard.

If it was me rather than spending the money on the computer at the
wrecknig yard, I would have driven into the dealership and had them
flash my existing computer to the most current firmware, which is
certainly newer than 2001.

Ted

GM trans rebuild, low pressure and slipping in R and 1ST related? andy everett Technology 0 December 14th 04 01:59 AM
91 Spirit Trans Problem Tank U Dodge 0 November 20th 04 03:03 PM
95 sl2 automatic - post diyer trans r&r Dave V Saturn 4 September 2nd 04 04:37 AM
95 sl2 auto trans broken Dave V Saturn 1 August 27th 04 09:14 PM
Toyota A-340E trans problems - possible causes outside the trans? Doc General 6 May 27th 04 03:54 PM