2000 Accord mystery connectors

Old June 12th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 2000 Accord mystery connectors

I finally got around to dropping the new head on my wife's car. There are
two connectors for which I can't find a plug. One is a fairly large brown
square one with a lot of wires feeding it that I THINK was bolted to the
underside of the intake manifold. The other is an oval black one with three
prongs bolted to the back of the intake manifold.

The car starts but has a rythmic surge at idle and dies if I try to give it
any gas.

Alright, the clock is ticking, what are the mystery connectors and are they
the cause of the running issues?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Old June 12th 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Nasty wrote:
> I finally got around to dropping the new head on my wife's car. There are
> two connectors for which I can't find a plug. One is a fairly large brown
> square one with a lot of wires feeding it that I THINK was bolted to the
> underside of the intake manifold. The other is an oval black one with three
> prongs bolted to the back of the intake manifold.
>
> The car starts but has a rythmic surge at idle and dies if I try to give it
> any gas.
>
> Alright, the clock is ticking, what are the mystery connectors and are they
> the cause of the running issues?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Jim

http://arrc.epnet.com/autoasp/framerq.asp

should give you an idea, if the link works.
Old June 12th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

. ..

The link takes me to a login page... http://search.epnet.com/ ????

Old June 12th 06, 01:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Any chance you can post photographs at a web site?

"Nasty" > wrote

Old June 12th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

I'll try to attach a couple to an email tomorrow.

ink.net...

Old June 12th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

I am nowhere near thee expert here. Ideally, you'll post
them so all can see them. 'kay?

On my web site I posted a photograph of a "mystery nut"
that fell off my car while I was grinding off rusty bolts a
few weeks ago. The group nailed it within an hour.

"Nasty" > wrote

Old June 12th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"Elle" > wrote in message
ink.net...
>I am nowhere near thee expert here. Ideally, you'll post them so all can
>see them. 'kay?
>
> On my web site I posted a photograph of a "mystery nut" that fell off my
> car while I was grinding off rusty bolts a few weeks ago. The group nailed
> it within an hour.

Oh yeah, I remember that. It was a fuzzy picture and you took some heat for
it. It just happened that I had just pulled the head off my wifes Accord and
yours sure looked like one of the manifold nuts.

Old June 12th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Nasty wrote:

> I finally got around to dropping the new head on my wife's car. There are
> two connectors for which I can't find a plug. One is a fairly large brown
> square one with a lot of wires feeding it that I THINK was bolted to the
> underside of the intake manifold. The other is an oval black one with three
> prongs bolted to the back of the intake manifold.
>
> The car starts but has a rythmic surge at idle and dies if I try to give it
> any gas.
>
> Alright, the clock is ticking, what are the mystery connectors and are they
> the cause of the running issues?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Jim

The 'rhythmic idle surge' sounds like low coolant, and the dying sounds
like the timing belt is out two teeth.

'Curly'
Old June 12th 06, 05:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"'Curly Q. Links'" > wrote in message
> Nasty wrote:
>>
>> I finally got around to dropping the new head on my wife's car. There are
>> two connectors for which I can't find a plug. One is a fairly large brown
>> square one with a lot of wires feeding it that I THINK was bolted to the
>> underside of the intake manifold. The other is an oval black one with
>> three
>> prongs bolted to the back of the intake manifold.
>>
>> The car starts but has a rythmic surge at idle and dies if I try to give
>> it
>> any gas.
>>
>> Alright, the clock is ticking, what are the mystery connectors and are
>> they
>> the cause of the running issues?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Jim

> The 'rhythmic idle surge' sounds like low coolant, and the dying sounds
> like the timing belt is out two teeth.
>
> 'Curly'

Thanks Curly. I'll run those down.

Jim

Old June 14th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"Nasty" > wrote in
:

> I finally got around to dropping the new head on my wife's car. There
> are two connectors for which I can't find a plug. One is a fairly
> large brown square one with a lot of wires feeding it that I THINK was
> bolted to the underside of the intake manifold. The other is an oval
> black one with three prongs bolted to the back of the intake manifold.

The oval black one might be the IAC. The IAC is on the back of the intake
manifold/throttle body. Do you have a Check Engine light lit?

> The car starts but has a rythmic surge at idle and dies if I try to
> give it any gas.

Fluctuating idle is mostly a sign of an AIR LEAK, NOT low coolant. There
are several sources for air leaks.

Both the dying and idle could well have to do with those connectors.

> Alright, the clock is ticking, what are the mystery connectors and are
> they the cause of the running issues?

Send me photos and I'll post them on the FAQ page, if you have nop[lace
else to put them.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

mystery about my 06 Accord V6--will not start with no sign of failure harry Honda 4 May 22nd 06 04:53 AM
2000 Accord EX problem Nasty Honda 2 May 16th 06 01:45 AM
2000 Honda Accord right headlight. Cheech Honda 2 March 9th 06 05:44 PM
5W20 in 2000 Accord? Cameron Tilson Honda 7 February 20th 05 12:11 PM
2000 Accord stalls while driving anony Honda 8 February 17th 05 10:14 PM