Sold my vette. Need help as to a good sports or luxure car under $20k

Old March 9th 07, 12:24 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Car Guy

Default Sold my vette. Need help as to a good sports or luxure car under $20k

Wha is a good clasy or sport car under 20k?

--
My love of cars brings me here,

Love, the Car Guy
http://MortgageConsolidationRefinance.com (Where there's no such word as
DECLINED!)
http://SPANKtheBank.org (Legal ways to bring the bank to thier knees to
give you the loan YOU want!)
Old March 9th 07, 12:38 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Tom Scales

How could we possibly answer that without more information?

Old March 9th 07, 01:30 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland

For a guy that loves his cars, I thought his question was kinda stupid.

I think of myself as a car lover, and I would not dream of asking what a
good car is. I know how to find a car under 20k, and I know what I think is
good.

AND, he posted this message on several different newsgroups. The only RIGHT
answer is a BMW, my preference in his price range would be something like an
'02 3 Series, give or take a year or two.

Old March 9th 07, 04:36 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
admin[_1_]

Car Guy wrote:
> Wha is a good clasy or sport car under 20k?

There aren't any - all the good ones are for people who are literate.
And they cost more than your budget allows.
Old March 9th 07, 05:17 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
[email protected]

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 11:36:30 -0500, admin > wrote:

>Car Guy wrote:
>> Wha is a good clasy or sport car under 20k?
>>

>There aren't any - all the good ones are for people who are literate.
>And they cost more than your budget allows.

I don't know............. There are a few Fiat sporty cars like the X19 (most
have rusted away) Then there are the Korean KIA sports car (Ho Ho Ho) then there
are a few psudo-sports cars like the 3 series 320 convert' or even the FORD GT
but then he might have to take a driving test!

Sir Hugh of Bognor

Intelligence is not knowing the answer but knowing where and how to find it!

Hugh Gundersen

Bognor Regis, W.Sussex, England, UK
Old March 9th 07, 06:27 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Mike Patterson

I suspect it was more of a spam post than a serious question.

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 01:30:51 GMT, "Jeff Strickland"
> wrote:

>For a guy that loves his cars, I thought his question was kinda stupid.
>
>I think of myself as a car lover, and I would not dream of asking what a
>good car is. I know how to find a car under 20k, and I know what I think is
>good.
>
>AND, he posted this message on several different newsgroups. The only RIGHT
>answer is a BMW, my preference in his price range would be something like an
>'02 3 Series, give or take a year or two.
>

>"Tom Scales" > wrote in message
.. .
>> How could we possibly answer that without more information?
>> "Car Guy" > wrote in message
>>> Wha is a good clasy or sport car under 20k?
>>>
>>> --
>>> My love of cars brings me here,
>>>
>>> Love, the Car Guy
>>> http://MortgageConsolidationRefinance.com (Where there's no such word as
>>> DECLINED!)
>>> http://SPANKtheBank.org (Legal ways to bring the bank to thier knees to
>>> give you the loan YOU want!)

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin
Old March 9th 07, 08:24 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Tom K.

"admin" > wrote in message
> Car Guy wrote:
>> Wha is a good clasy or sport car under 20k?
>>

> There aren't any - all the good ones are for people who are literate. And
> they cost more than your budget allows.

How about a '97~00 Z3? (The OP couldn't have meant new!)

Tom K.

Old March 9th 07, 09:47 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
[email protected]

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 15:24:52 -0500, "Tom K." > wrote:

>"admin" > wrote in message
>> Car Guy wrote:
>>> Wha is a good clasy or sport car under 20k?
>>>

>> There aren't any - all the good ones are for people who are literate. And
>> they cost more than your budget allows.

>How about a '97~00 Z3? (The OP couldn't have meant new!)
>
>Tom K.

That's why I suggested the pseudo Ferrari Fiat X19 (Fiat own Ferrari)

Old March 10th 07, 12:06 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Tom K.

> wrote in message
> On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 15:24:52 -0500, "Tom K." >
> wrote:

>>> There aren't any - all the good ones are for people who are literate.
>>> And
>>> they cost more than your budget allows.

>>How about a '97~00 Z3? (The OP couldn't have meant new!)
>>
>>Tom K.
>>

> That's why I suggested the pseudo Ferrari Fiat X19 (Fiat own Ferrari)

Having owned a couple of 124 Spiders, I'll stick with the Z3
recommendation!!

Tom K.

Old March 10th 07, 09:24 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
[email protected]

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 19:06:09 -0500, "Tom K." > wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 15:24:52 -0500, "Tom K." >
>> wrote:

>>>How about a '97~00 Z3? (The OP couldn't have meant new!)
>>>
>>>Tom K.
>>>

>> That's why I suggested the pseudo Ferrari Fiat X19 (Fiat own Ferrari)
>>

>Having owned a couple of 124 Spiders, I'll stick with the Z3
>recommendation!!
>
>Tom K.

Tom - I was being facetious (joke)