New Radiator $$

Old January 27th 05, 04:38 PM
Daniel Paisley

Default New Radiator $$

I'm needing to buy a new radiator in the very near future I do believe.
Lots of bent fins, inside looks pretty nasty as well. AutoZone said
$214+, but said to call 1-800-radiator for the same lifetime warranty
for a better price. I have learned not to use the words 'cheap' and
'Jeep' in the same sentence when looking for parts, so how about this.
Does anybody know of a place to get a radiator at a fairly reasonable
price for a '89 Wrangler 258? TIA, Dan

Old January 27th 05, 05:42 PM
Jeff Strickland

I think that 800 number goes to radiatorbarn.com, but I am not certain.

Having said that, I recently needed a new radiator for the Mrs's minivan,
and the guy at the corner Parts Store told me the same thing, call the toll
free number. I had a new radiator in my driveway in a day, and it cost $100
less than the store price. So, I agree with the advice of the guys at your
parts house. Try the 800 number and radiatorbarn.com

Old January 27th 05, 08:46 PM
William Oliveri

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/Radiators/J.../RAD1015/20590

Old January 27th 05, 10:11 PM
Hey There

Give www.XtremeTerrain.com a call at 888-228-6024

I think they carry a large line of radiators at real good prices.

Old January 27th 05, 10:35 PM
Mike Romain

Ok, enough BS commercial SPAM from you please!

This newsgroup does have a Charter and your advertising SPAM is really
not wanted and is against the Charter.

You, "Hey There" have been doing this for too long.

I 'Highly' recommend a world wide internet boycott of your shop!

I will for sure warn folks that you are sleaze bag SPAMMERS, so what
integrity can you have as a shop?

The Charter is located he
ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/news.announc...rs.jeep+willys

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old January 29th 05, 02:35 PM
Tom Needham

Bought my replacement he

http://www.discountradiators.com/

No surprises.

Looks like $139 US for yours.

--
Replies to group please.

Tom Needham
'86 CJ7 4" Lift 33x12.5 BFGs
'96 XJ PMS
'01 WJ TS

Old January 29th 05, 06:23 PM
dave AKA vwdoc1

Also check with rockauto.com and make sure you get metal tanks and not
plastic tanks. ;-)
Might be around $118 plus $14 shipping, but am not sure.
later,
dave AKA vwdoc1

Old January 29th 05, 07:38 PM
Daniel Paisley

What is the _real_ difference between the 2 row and 3 row radiators?
Also thanks to all who replied. I checked all the sites except for the
'spammer' (thanks Mike). I want to get the more practical one so I don't
need to replace it any time soon. Thanks, Dan

Old January 29th 05, 07:53 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Fifty percent more cooling capacity? Corvettes run four.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old January 30th 05, 02:33 AM
Kevin in San Diego

it seems that if you fit more rows in the same space you dont get much
improvement. Has anyone gone from a WORKING single row to a new 2 or 3 row
and noticed a significant improvement? I just threw in a single row becuase
it looked beefier than the 2 row I just broke. So far it seems to cool fine
but I have yet to try it in desert heat while crawling.
Also, what is wrong with plastic tanks? The whole radiator is only around
100 bucks vs 140 or so for a metal tanked two row. Heck if my radiator is
clogged I just get a new one.

KH