Power/Efficiency Improvements

Old March 11th 05, 04:59 AM
Jay Pique

Default Power/Efficiency Improvements

I've got an 84GW 5.9L V8 that's tough on gas and not real fast. I'd
like to put a 4bbl carb on it but until then what do you recommend?
New filters etc....?

JP
Old March 11th 05, 05:27 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Jay,
You should know power and efficiency are at opposite ends of the
spectrum. I order get more power we need to use more energy, (gasoline)
and that takes a bigger carburetor, which is the cheapest horse power
improvement we may add, then we have add more oxygen which is in that
fifteen pound atmospheric air pressure via a longer duration, higher
lift camshaft, then we need a way to get the expanded gases out and
create a vacuum to draw the next charge in over the cross flow, which is
done with headers, tuned to 32" long, an eight of an inch larger ID than
the intake valve. This is the basic blueprint for an sixties AMC four
hundred horse.
Yes, replace the air filter every ten thousand miles.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 11th 05, 10:11 PM
Jay Pique

1. Buy new stereo.

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:27:57 -0800, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Old March 11th 05, 10:21 PM
Dave Milne

"Jay Pique" > wrote in message
> 1. Buy new stereo.

2. Realise you probably should Rewire it totally.
3. Fix front brakes
4. Think about fixing leaks from anywhere that could leak ...
5. Get disheartened and just tip more stuff in to leak out later.
6. Fix rear window winder
7. Think about ripping the emissions crap off it, and getting an Edelbrock
performer carb + manifold

:-)

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old March 11th 05, 11:38 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Wrong scenario

> http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/photo3.html
> http://www.hotrod.com/howto/113_0206_1000/
> http://www.steveschmidtracing.com/ssr_009.htm
> http://www.gmpartsdepot.com/store/pr...Category_ID=64
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...4092 299&rd=1
> http://www.wyckoff-mopar-parts.com/528hemcratmo.html
> God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
> http://www.billhughes.com/
>
> Jay Pique wrote:
> >
> > 1. Buy new stereo.

Prelude rust-proofing improvements after 1988? JimT Honda 0 January 18th 05 02:10 PM
Prelude handling improvements after 1988? JimT Honda 0 January 18th 05 02:01 PM
BMW Yearly Improvements K.Young BMW 4 December 13th 04 02:47 AM
'66 289 improvements... Shayne Ford Mustang 4 November 28th 04 04:53 AM