first BMW purchase

Old February 26th 05, 12:23 PM
vb

Richard,

As buyer of used BMW-cars since several years I often look at the used cars
on www.bmw.de (Gebrauchtwagenborse). Here BMW-Dealers are offering their
used cars. I buy from here. My next one will be an X5 3,0d (fully loaded
:-) ).

You choose a car which is also very high-priced in Germany. It is one of the
most wanted used BMWs.

The cheapest X5 3,0d on www.bmw.de with Xenon, Navi, Leather with Memory + +
+ is at around 30k Euros which are 40k $. And the most expensive is at 70k
Euros = 90k $.

http://ecom.bmwgroup.com/ecom32gahp/...p?process=uvse

Slightly cheaper than in the US ?

Volkhard

PS. I read about consumption. My 730d consumes 9.4 liters / 100 km = 25
miles / gallon which is a little bit high regarding numbers from the US. But
it goes 125 mph on the Autobahn easily and has an extra heater.

<richard> schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...
> I'm trying to convince myself (then the wife) that spending the $$ on a

BMW
> is "worth it"....
> I'm looking at a new X5 Diesel which is 82,000 + On roads (This is rec
> retail - I'll start the haggle later if I decide to do it)
> I can buy a new Toyota Landcruiser (to replace existing one we have) but
> sort of "been there done that" as far as the 'cruiser goes.
> Our current one is petrol (gas for USA people). and the toyota diesel is
> agricultural compared to the BMW.
>
> I'm not a wealthy person (but our business can cover the lease / HP

without
> a prob). But the 'fear' of driving / scratching such a valuable
> vehicle does concern me a bit. esp sice I'm sure repairs will be equally
> expensive (ie if you can afford a BMW you must have a pocket full
> of $$ to pay for repairs etc) Having said that the BMW service costs for

the
> diesel are a lot less than the toyota services.
>
> Depreciation on the cruiser is not to bad, but when I look at 3yo BMW
> prices.....very minimul depreciation.
> eg one I saw had some extras + some average milage, and was selling at
> 82,000 ie same as a new one (without O/R costs)
> so assuming they sell @ that price their loss will only be cost of extras
> they fitted + on road costs not bad for 3 yrs motoring.
>
> But how do you convince yourself that your first (new) BMW was worth the
> "extra"? eg I can buy 2 "normal" cars for the price of a BMW!.
>
> Look forward to reading some thoughts. Thx in advance

Wanting to purchase a '99 540i auto, but have questions... [email protected] BMW 5 January 21st 05 02:15 AM
Where to purchase floor mats ak47sarah Ford Explorer 0 January 7th 05 07:58 AM
Purchase [email protected] Corvette 4 October 4th 04 04:36 PM
Oregonian, purchase car from Calif., sales tax? Paul Stivers General 6 May 4th 04 03:43 AM