Excited, progress with new engine

Old August 1st 05, 09:11 AM
Kidd Andersson

Tim Rogers wrote:
> "Steve" > wrote in message
>
>>It took 35 years for all that? Change the word redneck to yankee and it
>>sounds like Rochester on any given weekend.
>>

> ...............Yeah but Geneva, Fla. only has population of maybe 2 or 3
> thousand depending on whether you count the livestock.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Geneva-Florida.html

In 2000 there was an estimated 2,601 Geneva citizens.
You know what really gets me is the ethnic breakdown. 2.3% are black.
That's 47... Umm... Yeah. In the 4 years I lived there, I only met FIVE.
And the guy that lived across the street from us tried to kill 2 of them
by running them over in his car. The other 42 are smart enough to hide.
That just shows you what kind of podunk, redneck, prejudiced,
narrow-minded jackasses that live there. The first time I heard someone
say something about "Those filthy Japs", it was the final straw. I
packed my **** and moved. I'm not going to let my daughter grow up to be
treated like **** just because her eyes slant ever so slightly.
LORDY I hate Geneva! Ugh! I'd love to wipe it off the map. Disgusting,
white-trash, wife-beating *******s.

K.
Old August 1st 05, 09:18 AM
Kidd Andersson

Tim Rogers wrote:

Maybe the sixties era residents moved away like I did.

I wish I could remember my old neighbor's last name. I bet you might
know him. Butch.... uhhh... Butch something. Lived there his entire
life, your age, knows everybody and thus chooses not to deal with them.
He's a smart guy. Kinda scary though. He reminds me of my dad.

> What was the name of that deputy?

Eugene Gregory. Everyone called him "Stetson" because, of course, he
always wore a Stetson. He didn't become a deputy until long after you
were gone though.

K.
Old August 1st 05, 03:11 PM
John Willis

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 04:11:58 -0400, Kidd Andersson
> scribbled this interesting note:

>That just shows you what kind of podunk, redneck, prejudiced,
>narrow-minded jackasses that live there.

Now that is the kind of generalized stereotype that kind of ruins an
otherwise excellent description of poverty level ignorance. Some very
intelligent people live in "podunk" places. There is such a thing as
an open-minded "redneck". And prejudiced jackasses are to be found
everywhere.

>The first time I heard someone
>say something about "Those filthy Japs", it was the final straw. I
>packed my **** and moved. I'm not going to let my daughter grow up to be
>treated like **** just because her eyes slant ever so slightly.

That was a very smart move.

>LORDY I hate Geneva! Ugh! I'd love to wipe it off the map. Disgusting,
>white-trash, wife-beating *******s.

Reform can be difficult.
--
John Willis

(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)
Old August 1st 05, 03:24 PM
John Willis

On 29 Jul 2005 02:20:43 -0700, "Joao Eliseu"
> scribbled this interesting note:

I wasn't going to respond to this, but after thinking it over for a
couple of days, I think I will.

>Americans shouldn’t have the thinking that they are the reference for everything as they do. The Europeans don’t have any >responsibility if you only know how to speak one language.

Two very broad assumptions, don't you think?

Do I speak more than one language? Not fluently, but I have more than
a passing familiarity with Spanish, had several years of German while
in high school and college, and have some slight reading ability in
French and Italian.

>I know that the Americans tend to think that the other cultures are *strange* I would say different.

Different is an accurate description. Quite frankly, I find the
culture in the US to be one of the strangest, most dysfunctional to be
found anywhere.

>Those are the thought
>of immature people that have money but no culture.
>I think that’s enough for now :-)

Perhaps you should have stopped with the "different" comment. See, the
issue here, as I see it, is one of perception. While assuming that
people who live in the US have no real perception or insight in to how
the rest of the world works, you forget the same might be true of
individuals and other cultures around the world with regards to living
in the US.

BTW, it is understood that money does not buy culture. Most people in
the US are not rich. Don't confuse a relatively high standard of
living with disposable income. While related, the two are not the
same. And immature people are to be found worldwide and they come from
all walks of life and can be found everywhere.

Old August 2nd 05, 12:59 AM
Tim Rogers

"Kidd Andersson" > wrote in message

> I wish I could remember my old neighbor's last name. I bet you might
> know him. Butch.... uhhh... Butch something. Lived there his entire
> life, your age, knows everybody and thus chooses not to deal with them.
> He's a smart guy. Kinda scary though. He reminds me of my dad.

.............I don't remember a Butch but I left in '68 and I have a tough
time remembering some of the people from back then.

> > What was the name of that deputy?
> >

> Eugene Gregory. Everyone called him "Stetson" because, of course, he
> always wore a Stetson. He didn't become a deputy until long after you
> were gone though.

.................I don't recall that name either but being a deputy, he could
have easily lived in some other part of Seminole County.

Old August 2nd 05, 01:15 AM
Kidd Andersson

John Willis wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 04:11:58 -0400, Kidd Andersson
> > scribbled this interesting note:
>

>>That just shows you what kind of podunk, redneck, prejudiced,
>>narrow-minded jackasses that live there.

> Now that is the kind of generalized stereotype that kind of ruins an
> otherwise excellent description of poverty level ignorance. Some very
> intelligent people live in "podunk" places. There is such a thing as
> an open-minded "redneck". And prejudiced jackasses are to be found
> everywhere.

Good grief, John. Get off the PC soapbox. Podunk, redneck, prejudiced,
narrow-minded jackasses is indeed an exlusive term. That means the above
applies only to people that are in fact each of the above things all
rolled in to one... so it doesn't mean an open-minded, intelligent
redneck. It doesn't mean a lover-of-all-mankind person living in a
podunk town. It means exactly what it says. It's not my fault that they
happen to be stupid AND rednecks. But let me fill you in on a little
something here... our rednecks are not the Jeff Foxworthy rednecks. They
are the wife-beating, drunk 24/7, white supremacist type of rednecks and
I say redneck because that is what they label themselves. If you go tell
them they don't meet up to the "standards" of the proper "redneck
stereotype", they'll kick your ass for saying they're something other
than redneck. Their perception of redneck is different than yours so
save the blah blah blah about stereotypes. It's what THEY decided they
are. Not me.
And poverty level ignorance?? The majority of the people I'm talking
about are well beyond the poverty level (doing much better than I am
financially) and have levels of education at *least* equivalent to mine.
It's not ignorance. It's stupidity. Ignorance would be not knowing any
better. They know better and still choose to be downright disgustingly
stupid.

K.
Old August 2nd 05, 02:20 AM
John Willis

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 20:15:07 -0400, Kidd Andersson
> scribbled this interesting note:

>Good grief, John. Get off the PC soapbox.

You just made my day! Me? PC? Whodathunkit? I don't recall having that
particular liable applied to me before as I'm one of the most un-PC
individuals I've ever come across! My wife is worse, which is one of
the things that made her so attractive to me. You ought to read some
of her writings sometime!

>Podunk, redneck, prejudiced,
>narrow-minded jackasses is indeed an exlusive term.

Bundled together, it is indeed an exclusive term.

>Their perception of redneck is different than yours so
>save the blah blah blah about stereotypes. It's what THEY decided they
>are. Not me.

Self labeling in this way is self limiting.

>And poverty level ignorance?? The majority of the people I'm talking
>about are well beyond the poverty level (doing much better than I am
>financially) and have levels of education at *least* equivalent to mine.
>It's not ignorance. It's stupidity. Ignorance would be not knowing any
>better. They know better and still choose to be downright disgustingly
>stupid.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but their ignorance is poverty level,
as in the level of empathy and understanding and desire for more and
better knowledge is impoverished. Seems we might be saying the same
thing?

As for education, it has no bearing on the above mentioned qualities.

Old August 2nd 05, 04:04 AM
Kidd Andersson

Tim Rogers wrote:

> ................I don't recall that name either but being a deputy, he could
> have easily lived in some other part of Seminole County.

I think he was originally from a different state. He started with
Seminole County in 91 and died in 98.

K.
Old August 2nd 05, 04:08 AM
Kidd Andersson

John Willis wrote:

> Self labeling in this way is self limiting.

You go tell them that. I'll be right behind you. By about 40 miles.
Just make sure you're wearing full SWAT combat gear and a really thick
helmet.

K.
Old August 2nd 05, 05:52 AM
Charles @ Kankakee

"John Willis" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 20:15:07 -0400, Kidd Andersson
> > scribbled this interesting note:
>

>>Good grief, John. Get off the PC soapbox.

> You just made my day! Me? PC? Whodathunkit? I don't recall having that
> particular liable applied to me before as I'm one of the most un-PC
> individuals I've ever come across! My wife is worse, which is one of
> the things that made her so attractive to me. You ought to read some
> of her writings sometime!
>
>>Podunk, redneck, prejudiced,
>>narrow-minded jackasses is indeed an exlusive term.

> Bundled together, it is indeed an exclusive term.
>
>>Their perception of redneck is different than yours so
>>save the blah blah blah about stereotypes. It's what THEY decided they
>>are. Not me.

> Self labeling in this way is self limiting.
>
>>And poverty level ignorance?? The majority of the people I'm talking
>>about are well beyond the poverty level (doing much better than I am
>>financially) and have levels of education at *least* equivalent to mine.
>>It's not ignorance. It's stupidity. Ignorance would be not knowing any
>>better. They know better and still choose to be downright disgustingly
>>stupid.

> Sorry for the misunderstanding, but their ignorance is poverty level,
> as in the level of empathy and understanding and desire for more and
> better knowledge is impoverished. Seems we might be saying the same
> thing?
>
> As for education, it has no bearing on the above mentioned qualities.
>
> --
> John Willis
>
> (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

There are certain places up in the hills in NC that y'all shouldn't go
driving then. It's not very safe. My folks lived near there and heard
tell of the place from the local law enforcement types that it wasn't safe
to be near there. It's bad enough when they would come to the local Food
Lion and stare at my sister. (natural blonde) in the checkout lines like she
was some sort of sideshow freak.

Charles of Kankakee