Help please radio code and headlamp washing question

Old October 15th 04, 01:36 PM
yar

Default Help please radio code and headlamp washing question

Hello

I have just brought a 2001 Corvette and I have a couple of questions.

I do not have a radio code for the radio and do not know if the radio has a
security code. There is only one dealer in the UK and he told me that to
find out I would have to disconnect the battery, and if it has a code I
would need to pay him $60 to find it.
So how can I find out if this radio has a code?. if it has is there any way
to find it out?.

The manual also states that I must only wash the car with the headlamps up,
do I need to turn the lights on or is there a way to raise the head lamps
for washing?

Advice please.

Old October 15th 04, 02:33 PM
Dad

"yar" > wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I have just brought a 2001 Corvette and I have a couple of questions.
>
> I do not have a radio code for the radio and do not know if the radio has
> a security code. There is only one dealer in the UK and he told me that to
> find out I would have to disconnect the battery, and if it has a code I
> would need to pay him $60 to find it.

The reseller should supply you with the code if there is one. The dealer
doesn't "find" it, he has a master code to unlock them.

> So how can I find out if this radio has a code?. if it has is there any
> way to find it out?.

You can check it by holding down buttons 1 & 4 until the display changes. if
your radio displays "SEC", it is locked, if it shows "---", it is not
locked. This all has to happen in less than 15 seconds.

> The manual also states that I must only wash the car with the headlamps
> up, do I need to turn the lights on or is there a way to raise the head
> lamps for washing?

Turn them on and roll it back one click, lights should go off and stay up. I
think, I don't have the C5 anymore.

Actually that's the only way to get the headlights clean, not required most
of the time unless it is the bug season.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old October 15th 04, 02:33 PM
Dad

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old October 15th 04, 05:00 PM
C5Guy

> The manual also states that I must only wash the car with the headlamps
> up, do I need to turn the lights on or is there a way to raise the head
> lamps for washing?

What!!!.....I've never done that.....mind you....never read the manual
either....can't see the point myself!!!

Old October 15th 04, 05:00 PM
C5Guy

Old October 15th 04, 05:59 PM
yar

Thanks for that, but if I press these numbers will it lock the radio or just
let me know it has a code?

Old October 15th 04, 05:59 PM
yar

Old October 15th 04, 06:29 PM
Dad

"yar" > wrote in message
> Thanks for that, but if I press these numbers will it lock the radio or
> just let me know it has a code?

No, the sec is for secure and of course the --- means there is no code
entered. You must do this with the radio OFF! It should display within 6
seconds.

If you want I can scan the page and email it to you.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old October 15th 04, 06:29 PM