98 Explorer door unlock

Old September 21st 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
[email protected]

Default 98 Explorer door unlock

My remote when activated will open all the doors except for the drivers
door. The actuator is working but it seems to be getting stuck. If I
try to unlock the door with my key I still can not open the door
because the key will not turn. The only way to open the door is by
hittting the unlock buttom from inside at least twice and then using
the inside handle. Has anybody had problems with the door lock binding
and not letting the key or actuator do its job???

Old September 21st 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Captain Coleman

I had a problem a few years ago where my driver's door on my 97 wouldn't
unlock with the power lock or key. I could only open the door from the
inside. It turned out to be the latch part, the part you can see on the
door. It cost about $35 for the part from the dealer IIRC. It took a few
hours to do since you have to figure out how to get everything apart and
back together.

oups.com...