91 Colt 200 again....door problem this time!

Old January 6th 05, 11:00 PM
Son of Sam

Default 91 Colt 200 again....door problem this time!

I've been having problems with my drivers side door for the last couple
months. The door kept lowering and lowering on the frame and it got
harder and harder to close. Just lately, after a friend drove my car,
the door dropped a lot because I had forgotten to tell him about the
problem so he must have tried slamming it shut or something. So, I
really had to lift the door a lot to shut it. When I got home today, I
opened my door and the damn thing came right off the top hinge.

So it's sitting outside with the door hanging down, probably bending
the bottom hinge now too. So it must be done, huh? The door changed,
that is. I can't shut it because it obviously won't fit without the
hinge in the door.

So how hard are those hinges to get off? I was looking at it and
wondering if I'd have to take off the fender on the drivers side of the
car because it looks like one bolt on each hinge is partially obscured
by the fender.

Anybody have any other suggestions as to how I might fix this? I
wonder if I could have the bolts welded into the door? I might have to
get new hinges altogether because they're probably both pretty bent,
right? This is a new problem for me, so I really don't have any idea
yet as to how I'm gonna fix it.
Any help is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks.