"Rage" wreck devastates

Old July 6th 05, 12:18 PM

Default "Rage" wreck devastates

"Rage" wreck devastates

By Felisa Cardona
Denver Post Staff Writer
DenverPost.com

A mother of three was brain-dead and her children injured after the
driver of another vehicle bumped their pickup into oncoming traffic in
an apparent holiday road-rage incident.

Alicia Arana, 26, was thrown from a pickup driven by her common-law
husband, Jesus Manuel Cruz Sr., 28, early Tuesday. The family was
headed home in Denver from a Fourth of July celebration.

Melissa Arana said she will keep her sister on life support until her
father can come from Mexico to say goodbye.

Melissa Arana said Cruz was drinking before the accident.

The incident began because the two drivers were revving their engines
at a red light to show off, said Cruz's brother, Gene Cruz.

"When the light turned green, my brother also peeled out, and the gray
car, from what I could think, stopped real quick and had to swerve into
the right lane and my brother bumped his bumper," Gene Cruz said.

Police say Cruz did not stop his pickup after the accident.

Gene Cruz said that's because his brother feared for the safety of the
children after the driver of the Intrepid got angry and began throwing
beer bottles at the pickup.

"My brother lost his wife and his children's mother," Gene Cruz said.
"He does feel guilty and blames himself because of the poor decisions
that he made and not having seat belts in the car."

The driver of the Intrepid chased Cruz and pulled alongside him,
forcing him into oncoming traffic, Gene Cruz said.

Cruz's vehicle was struck by an oncoming large sport utility vehicle,
and the force of the impact threw his wife and children out of the
truck.

The driver of the Intrepid left the scene, police said. The SUV's
driver also took off, Gene Cruz said.

Gene Cruz said police told him that they found the Intrepid a few
blocks away from the accident but that the driver was gone. The SUV was
not registered, which may be why the driver of that vehicle also took
off, he said.

Cruz hit his head on the back window of the truck, suffering a gash
that required five staples to close. He also broke his shoulder.

His wife was thrown from the truck and struck her head.

Sierra and Jesus Manuel Jr. have fractured skulls, but doctors at
Children's Hospital told the family that they will recover. The boy
also had fluid in his lungs. Savannah suffered minor injuries.

"My brother went an hour ago to Children's Hospital to tell the kids
what happened to their mother," Gene Cruz said.

Staff writer Felisa Cardona can be reached at 303-820-1219 or
.

http://www.denverpost.com/portlet/ar...rticle=2841881

Old July 6th 05, 03:10 PM
Ted B.

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> "Rage" wreck devastates
>
> By Felisa Cardona
> Denver Post Staff Writer
> DenverPost.com
>
> A mother of three was brain-dead and her children injured after the
> driver of another vehicle bumped their pickup into oncoming traffic in
> an apparent holiday road-rage incident.
>
> Alicia Arana, 26, was thrown from a pickup driven by her common-law
> husband, Jesus Manuel Cruz Sr., 28, early Tuesday. The family was
> headed home in Denver from a Fourth of July celebration.
>
> Melissa Arana said she will keep her sister on life support until her
> father can come from Mexico to say goodbye.
>
> Melissa Arana said Cruz was drinking before the accident.
>
> The incident began because the two drivers were revving their engines
> at a red light to show off, said Cruz's brother, Gene Cruz.
>
> "When the light turned green, my brother also peeled out, and the gray
> car, from what I could think, stopped real quick and had to swerve into
> the right lane and my brother bumped his bumper," Gene Cruz said.
>
> Police say Cruz did not stop his pickup after the accident.
>
> Gene Cruz said that's because his brother feared for the safety of the
> children after the driver of the Intrepid got angry and began throwing
> beer bottles at the pickup.
>
> "My brother lost his wife and his children's mother," Gene Cruz said.
> "He does feel guilty and blames himself because of the poor decisions
> that he made and not having seat belts in the car."
>
> The driver of the Intrepid chased Cruz and pulled alongside him,
> forcing him into oncoming traffic, Gene Cruz said.

I don't understand this point. You've already hit the intrepid. Now the
intrepid wants to force you into oncoming traffic. Me, I'd be hitting the
intrepid again. Of course, several stupid moves were made before the two
vehicles GOT to that point where the intrepid could force another vehicle
over the line . . . -Dave

Old July 7th 05, 01:36 AM
Nate Nagel

Daniel J. Stern wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 wrote:
>

>>A mother of three was brain-dead and her children injured after the
>>driver of another vehicle bumped their pickup into oncoming traffic in
>>an apparent holiday road-rage incident.
>>
>>Alicia Arana, 26, was thrown from a pickup

> ^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Looks like suicide by lack of seatbelt.
>

>>Cruz was drinking before the accident.

> Suicide by lack of seatbelt in vehicle driven by drunk.
>

>>The incident began because the two drivers were revving their engines at
>>a red light to show off, said Cruz's brother, Gene Cruz.

> Suicide by lack of seatbelt in vehicle driven by *stupid* drunk.
>

>>"When the light turned green, my brother also peeled out,

> Suicide by lack of seatbelt in vehicle driven by stupid drunk acting like
> spazzed-out six-year-old...
>

>>Police say Cruz did not stop his pickup after the accident.

> ...with no sense of personal responsibility...
>

>>"He does feel guilty and blames himself because of the poor decisions
>>that he made and not having seat belts in the car."

> ...and who's apparently able to think things through after, but not
> before.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that Cruz may have been the
sober, mature one in this confrontation. Note that the driver of the
other vehicle was "throwing beer bottles" at Cruz's vehicle... think
about that, why would there be beer bottles in a car, unless he just
happened to be on the way to the recycling?

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old July 7th 05, 04:20 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

I wish everyone involved in this "accident" had died. Goddam nuts are a
menace to everyone.

Old July 7th 05, 04:37 AM

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> I wish everyone involved in this "accident" had died. Goddam nuts are a
> menace to everyone.

Yes, the nuts are a menace to everyone, which is why we laugh when some
brain-dead twit takes out another one. Plus, we have the added
advantage of knowing your time is coming soon.

Old July 7th 05, 05:39 AM
Garth Almgren

Around 7/6/2005 8:20 PM, Aunt Judy (Pride of Diarrhea)
<http://tinyurl.com/65nqz> wrote:

> Goddam nuts are a menace to everyone.

Indeed, you are.

--
~/Garth
"I am patient with stupidity
Old July 7th 05, 04:44 PM
Skip Elliott Bowman

Well, sure I can follow your reasoning. They have Hispanic names and were
involved in a car accident. By definition, they must be illegal aliens,
uninsured as well.

What a couple of morons...and I don't mean the drivers...

oups.com...