"ICE" contact...

Old August 23rd 05, 10:58 PM
DTJ

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:18:15 GMT, Ulf > wrote:

>Dave C. wrote:
>> "Gazoo" > wrote in message
>>
>>>The point is that ICE is universal and they don 't have to look for wife

>> or
>>
>>>f around.
>>>

>> until I read this thread, I wouldn't have known what "ICE" is, so it must
>> not be that universal. Husband, wife, and "home" are pretty universal,
>> though. -Dave

>Me neither. And why didn't they come up with something starting with an
>A so it would be at the top of the phonebook?

Maybe because "Ah, In Case of Emergency" is poor English.
Old August 24th 05, 03:33 PM
Ulf

DTJ wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:18:15 GMT, Ulf > wrote:
>

>>Dave C. wrote:
>>
>>>"Gazoo" > wrote in message

>>>or

>>>until I read this thread, I wouldn't have known what "ICE" is, so it must
>>>not be that universal. Husband, wife, and "home" are pretty universal,
>>>though. -Dave

>>Me neither. And why didn't they come up with something starting with an
>>A so it would be at the top of the phonebook?

> Maybe because "Ah, In Case of Emergency" is poor English.

What about "Amergency Contact"... :-)
Old August 24th 05, 10:14 PM
DTJ

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:33:34 GMT, Ulf > wrote:

>>>Me neither. And why didn't they come up with something starting with an
>>>A so it would be at the top of the phonebook?

>> Maybe because "Ah, In Case of Emergency" is poor English.

>What about "Amergency Contact"... :-)

Please excuse the obvious error in this joke...

Some would think it should be Arab Caused Emergency.

Someone forwarded one of those stupid emails to me the other day about
how we should boycott Saudi Arabia because they are responsible for
killing Americans. We should do so by not buying gas from Amoco,
because they buy Saudi oil, but we should by from BP who does not.

I really want to respond to their stupidity, but my wife doesn't want
to **** off a relative.

PS. They suggest going to the DOE site to see who buys what, and
obviously never went there themselves because BP and Amoco are now one
company.
Old August 25th 05, 02:57 AM
Harry K

DTJ wrote:

> >> Maybe because "Ah, In Case of Emergency" is poor English.

> >What about "Amergency Contact"... :-)

> Please excuse the obvious error in this joke...
>
> Some would think it should be Arab Caused Emergency.
>
> Someone forwarded one of those stupid emails to me the other day about
> how we should boycott Saudi Arabia because they are responsible for
> killing Americans. We should do so by not buying gas from Amoco,
> because they buy Saudi oil, but we should by from BP who does not.
>
> I really want to respond to their stupidity, but my wife doesn't want
> to **** off a relative.
>
> PS. They suggest going to the DOE site to see who buys what, and
> obviously never went there themselves because BP and Amoco are now one
> company.

Geez, what's wrong with the spammers? I haven't even gotten one of
those "don't buy gas on Friday" to protest high prices recently.
Surely they all haven't suddenly developed brains?

Harry K

Old August 30th 05, 01:50 AM
Old Wolf

Brent P wrote:
> Instead of any useful information, this weekend the signs on chicago area
> expressways had the following message:
>
> PUT AN "ICE" CONTACT ON YOUR CELL PHONE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.
>
> Anyone know what this means or have a clue why it supplanted any useful
> traffic info?

The government is cracking down on meth labs at the moment,
maybe they are reminding us that it's going to get harder
and harder to get ice, P, etc. , so we had better keep a
contact list.

Seriously, who was the brainless gorm who chose something starting
with 'I' instead of something starting with "AAAA" ? The last thing
you need when you're dying is some Luddite jabbing buttons on your
phone trying to scroll your contact list while you slowly expire

Old August 31st 05, 04:42 AM
Bernd Felsche

"Old Wolf" > writes:

>Brent P wrote:
>> Instead of any useful information, this weekend the signs on chicago area
>> expressways had the following message:

>> PUT AN "ICE" CONTACT ON YOUR CELL PHONE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

>> Anyone know what this means or have a clue why it supplanted any
>> useful traffic info?

>The government is cracking down on meth labs at the moment,
>maybe they are reminding us that it's going to get harder
>and harder to get ice, P, etc. , so we had better keep a
>contact list.

>Seriously, who was the brainless gorm who chose something starting
>with 'I' instead of something starting with "AAAA" ? The last
>thing you need when you're dying is some Luddite jabbing buttons on
>your phone trying to scroll your contact list while you slowly
>expire

Dial 112 from GSM mobile in case of emergency.

Many phones are lockable. Mine sure as hell is.

It's unlikely that anything but an emergency call can be made from
one it is locked.
\ / ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!
X against HTML mail | Copy me into your ~/.signature
/ \ and postings | to help me spread!
Old September 1st 05, 02:13 AM
Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

"Bernd Felsche" > wrote in message
> "Old Wolf" > writes:
>
> >Brent P wrote:
> >> Instead of any useful information, this weekend the signs on chicago

area
> >> expressways had the following message:

> >> PUT AN "ICE" CONTACT ON YOUR CELL PHONE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

> >> Anyone know what this means or have a clue why it supplanted any
> >> useful traffic info?

> >The government is cracking down on meth labs at the moment,
> >maybe they are reminding us that it's going to get harder
> >and harder to get ice, P, etc. , so we had better keep a
> >contact list.

> >Seriously, who was the brainless gorm who chose something starting
> >with 'I' instead of something starting with "AAAA" ? The last
> >thing you need when you're dying is some Luddite jabbing buttons on
> >your phone trying to scroll your contact list while you slowly
> >expire

> Dial 112 from GSM mobile in case of emergency.
>
> Many phones are lockable. Mine sure as hell is.
>
> It's unlikely that anything but an emergency call can be made from
> one it is locked.

That all depends on how the phone is locked.

If the phone is locked but the keypad isn't locked, then only the emergency
numbers can be dialed. However, if they KEYPAD is locked, then usually
something like dialing 1-2-3 is required before ANY call can be dialed.