98 Ventu strange locks/lights situation

Old March 4th 04, 01:16 AM
Steven Christensen

Default 98 Ventu strange locks/lights situation

Hi All,
I have a '98 Chevy Venture LS with power doors and locks. It has about
95K miles on it.

Last week I noticed something wierd. When you exit the vehicle, and
push the "lock" button, the vehicle used to "ding" 3 times, and then
after the last door was closed, about 5 seconds later the locks would
"lock" and the inside lights go out.

It no longer operates like this. The doors never lock and the light
doesn't go out.

It's almost as if the car thinks another door is still open, but I
have verified that this isn't the case. I have also verified that the
car knows when each door is open and closed (by sitting in the drivers
seat, having someone open each door, and observing the "door ajar"
icon come on in the dashboard). When all doors are closed, the door
ajar icon is off.

I have also "reset" the sliding door controller (having to do with
pulling the battery fuse, and opening /closing the door 3 times). Also
cleaned the electrical contacts on the sliding door.

I have to use the inside interior light kill switch to turn off the
lights (and of course, they stay off when the door opens too).

Does anybody have any suggestions for something to check?

Thanks!

-- Steven
Old March 4th 04, 03:19 AM
Steve W.

You have a bad switch at one of the doors. Most of them use two
different connections per switch. One side is bad, just pull each switch
and check the wiring.
--
Steve W.
Life is not like a box of chocolates