1996 Chrysler Concorde

Old October 28th 04, 04:13 PM
Steve

Could be a vacuum leak. Places to look first are the power brake booster
(disconnect and plug the vacuum line to see if it smooths out the idle),
PCV valve, and if it comes to it all the smaller vacuum lines.

Also could be a bad EGR valve (this would actually be my first guess).

Old October 28th 04, 05:29 PM
Mike Behnke

One thing everybody here has missed, and is common with the 3.5L. The
intake manifold gasket develops a leak, (around cyl 5 IIRC) which causes
loss of vacuum, rough idle and sets the CEL. The ingition
ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON sequence will most likely reveal error code 43.

Old October 28th 04, 05:29 PM
Mike Behnke

Old October 28th 04, 07:12 PM
Art

Yep..... forgot that one because most people are driving 2nd generation LH
these days.

Old October 28th 04, 07:12 PM
Art

Old October 28th 04, 08:53 PM
partsmore

Thank you all very much:
I plan to scan the codes:
then
change the air filter
clean the intake(s)
replace the fuel filter
change the air filter
change the PCV valve
and then 02 sensors
----
???

Old October 28th 04, 08:53 PM
partsmore

Thank you all very much:
I plan to scan the codes:
then
change the air filter
clean the intake(s)
replace the fuel filter
change the air filter
change the PCV valve
and then 02 sensors
----
???

Old October 28th 04, 09:55 PM
Steve

Mike Behnke wrote:

> One thing everybody here has missed, and is common with the 3.5L. The
> intake manifold gasket develops a leak, (around cyl 5 IIRC) which causes
> loss of vacuum, rough idle and sets the CEL. The ingition
> ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON sequence will most likely reveal error code 43.

Good point- I tend to forget that one because my wife's car never did
that in 215,000 miles. I did replace the lower intake gaskets at
210,000, but it was because they were weeping coolant, not causing a
vacuum leak. They were JUST about to start leaking at #4 port, though.
#5 wasn't far behind.

Old October 28th 04, 09:55 PM
Steve

#5 wasn't far behind.

Old October 29th 04, 04:04 PM
partsmore

Thank you all!
--
Car came in with a p0301 code- mis-fire in cyl #1;
and plug is burnt...-- reset codes,

You guys are awesum!