The Blitz gasoline can - what went wrong - what needs to be fixed

Old May 24th 13, 09:19 PM posted to alt.mechanical.engineering,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Oren[_2_]

Default The Blitz gasoline can - what went wrong - what needs to be fixed

On Fri, 24 May 2013 09:07:43 -1000, Geoff Welsh >

>> DC is actually rather easy to drive in[*], ....
>>
>>[*] They have all of these big recognizable things that can be seen
>> from everywhere. ;-)

>assuming the driver has a four dimensional sense of the world around
>them. I know at least one person that positively cannot navigate other
>than by following "take the first left....then third right" type
>directions.
>
>I think the "recalculating....recalculating....." voice on the GPS units
>is their internal dialog on most days.
>
>GW

I drove around D.C., not stops, with my guns. Feral prison cats and
plants that is sure to freeze a sad death.

The trip was from Florida to the Adirondack mountains of Nu Yawk.

I never checked if plant importation to a state was a crime :-\

I got away with it, all accounts.
Old May 25th 13, 05:25 AM posted to alt.mechanical.engineering,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

On Fri, 24 May 2013 09:07:43 -1000, Geoff Welsh >

>> DC is actually rather easy to drive in[*], ....
>>
>>[*] They have all of these big recognizable things that can be seen
>> from everywhere. ;-)

>assuming the driver has a four dimensional sense of the world around
>them. I know at least one person that positively cannot navigate other
>than by following "take the first left....then third right" type
>directions.

Only two dimensions are needed. I see you know my wife. ;-)

>I think the "recalculating....recalculating....." voice on the GPS units
>is their internal dialog on most days.

It certainly was for my GPS unit. The other trick it loved was
telling you one thing and showing a completely different route on the
screen. Our cell phones are *much* better but tend to drop out at the
most inopportune times (and not in the middle of nowhere - amazingly).
I use my cell phone all the time.
Old May 25th 13, 12:58 PM posted to alt.mechanical.engineering,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/dc.pdf

>>> Amen to tht. The streets are laid out radially rather than gridded.
>>> Make a wrong choice of an exit from a 'roundy" and you wind up miles
>>> out of your way.
>>>
>>> Harry K
>>>

>> word of advise: never go to europe - they have them all over the place.
>> they seem to manage, but it's actually a cunning plan to confuse
>> foreigners.

> DC is actually rather easy to drive in[*], if traffic is actually
> moving (rarely). The point is that all of the highways go around. You
> have to work to actually go through.
>
>[*] They have all of these big recognizable things that can be seen
> from everywhere. ;-)

You're also forgetting about the execrable roads (although at least 295
isn't the blatant hazard that it was 10 years ago - back then I would
never have attempted it in a car without at least 50 series tires and
4-5" of ground clearance) constant construction and cameras everywhere...

I do have to say that other than the cameras I do detect improvements in
the roads. When I first moved to this area if you wandered outside the
touristy areas you felt like you were taking years off the life of your
car's suspension every trip. Even PA Ave. through Anacostia isn't too
horrible today.

nate

Old May 27th 13, 03:49 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Tuesday, May 14, 2013 3:15:17 PM UTC-5, Danny D wrote:
> On Tue, 14 May 2013 12:33:51 -0700, bob haller wrote:
>

> > Some of my 5 gallon plastic gas cans happen to be the same size and

> > threads of a briggs & stratton lawnmower engine. I swapped them by

> > accident and the sealed cap killed the engine pretty quick.

> Bad news on Blitz.
>

> I called the Plastics Group at 630-325-1210 x295
>
> http://www.theplasticsgroup.net/contact-us.php
>

> That extension was invalid, but I spoke to a representative who
>
> said *nobody* bought the molds that Blitz used on their gas cans.
>

> The lady (I forgot to get her name) said that all the molds could
>
> be different but they themselves might re-use their own molds for
>
> their Briggs & Stratton engines (she wasn't sure). So that would
>
> explain how a Briggs & Stratton engine can use the same cap threads
>
> as a gas can from The Plastics Group.
>

> Regarding the Blitz manufacturing operation, the lady said nobody
>
> bought the molds because then they'd be subject to the lawsuits;
>
> so, in the end, it looks like there is no way to get a *direct*
>
> replacement cap.
>

> The only option left is to see if someone else's threads *fit*
>
> the Blitz gasoline cans. That's going to be left to trial & error.

Google,,, Jerry Cans and check out the Youtube video that is posted there.
Old June 19th 14, 11:59 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hawkeye[_2_]

replying to HeyBub , Hawkeye wrote:
> heybub wrote:
>
> Really, really liked the hint of obtaining gas can vent caps via Ebay !
> Cheap (1 for $3.00, 5 for $7.75, 10 for $11.20, 15 for $11.98, etc. ),
> trivial to install (1/2" bit is all you need), and quite functional.

I'm trying this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-EGS-Yellow...em3cdf8b 8606

It's supposed to work with these Blitz. For $4.50 I'm trying it

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/tech/the-...be-110481-.htm

Gasoline "additives": kerosene in gasoline? Existential Angst[_2_] Technology 14 November 6th 12 05:10 PM
Blitz gas can question ULB Jeep 1 January 13th 09 11:05 PM
Radio automatic turnoff: nothing can go wrong go wrong go wrong Ad absurdum per aspera Technology 12 February 19th 08 04:58 AM
Reposts for barabing13 - File 37 of 95 - blitz.gif (1/1) Mike G[_2_] Old Timers Photos 0 July 25th 07 05:24 PM