Why Citi Group, but not GM

Old November 26th 08, 03:41 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
Willy

Default Why Citi Group, but not GM

"fred" > wrote in message
> "Willy" > wrote in
> :
>
>> "C. E. White" > wrote in message
>>
>> I completely disagree with you on this one. Citibank had a PLAN... the
>> Big three arrived on their private jets with their hands out and NO
>> PLAN.
>>
>> Believe me, they'll come back in a few days with a strategy that makes
>> sense, and the repub's WILL make the loans. There's NO way the current
>> Repub administration will allow the Big 3 to fail on their watch.
>>

> They won't anyways. None of the auto companies will fail or even fall into
> chapter 11 before january. And just like Kissenger didn't allow the
> hostages in Iran to be released before the new year, it will be used the
> next time there's an election with no care at all for the truth. And it
> will probably work.

Naw, not January. There will be an approved plan by the middle of December.

Wes

Old November 26th 08, 12:35 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.misc
C. E. White[_1_]

"Ted Mittelstaedt" > wrote in message
> To give you an example - check out the upcoming switch to HDTV from
> NTSC in Feb. 2009. Now, name me ONE manufacturer of HDTV's that
> is owned and based and manufactured in the United States.

Olevia and Vizio are American companies, but as you probably know, the
TVs sold under these brands are manufactured in the far east.

Ed.

Old November 26th 08, 02:34 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.misc
Alan B. Mac Farlane

Default GM is a Blue State - Citi is a Red State - duh ( Why CitiGroup, but not GM)

Bush the Worst ... has been foxing California with Enron since day one.

Building 7 collaspe with no fire or plane ... held the evidence of the
fraud.

There is a culture war ... and Bush is out to kill the Blue States ... now
that there are so many of them with the last election ... well Bush and
Chenny and the GOPerps just have more targets then before.

They are winning the culture war you see ... and then they will shoot them
selves with koolaid and their children ... if they are ever over run.

So they have plans.

People stuck in their toddler tantrum do such things .. it is how Jonestown
happens. They were all raised to 'roll' and give the little Bubble Boy what
he wants just to shut him up. Barbara and Poppie have only themselves to
blame for raising such a spoiled rotten little child.

Beat up a baby in the womb, the come out diaper poop wall wipers ... jammy
turd brains.

They want to kill mommy and daddy for the womb beating ... but they can't ..
so they go out and destroy all that mommy and daddy love and want.

They **** the house, the burn the house, the crash the car, the suicide out.

The defense structure is trying to make them cry because of such casualties,
saddness and regrets.

Comes with all dysfunctional family systems such as the Bush family.

It is across the USA sorry to say.

There is hope ... people are getting better.

The GOPerps are getting sicker of course.

How could a jealous God the Father who makes babies with His daughters do
such a thing ???

ya ... how could some God like that do such things.

My God don't Fox around ... their God does.

sumbuddie wear blind sea

Old November 26th 08, 03:13 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
Tim[_16_]

fred wrote:
> Tim > wrote in
> :
>
>>> Now imagine how many TV sets there are in the US and that within 2
>>> years, most will be replaced with HDTV's. What country will get the
>>> lion's share of the money for this conversion? It WON'T be the US, I
>>> can tell you that!
>>>
>>> And the US consumers will be perfectly happy about it.
>>>
>>> Ted
>>>

>> I agree but like I have said before, the government should be protecting
>> the economy by not letting those products in.

> No, that is *exactly* what they did wrong with the auto industry. They
> *should* force US industry to diversify. Any other way leads to ruin the
> exact same way.
>
>> How many people can think that far ahead to see what damage will be
>> done? Even Greenspan couldn't believe how careless the bigwigs on Wall
>> St. were and these guys are university educated experts.
>>

> So that means they didn't think there'd be/might be a problem later on?
> No, it means they saw a profit in it full stop.

Short term profit.
Old November 27th 08, 11:57 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.misc
NotMe

"Roger Blake" > wrote in message
: On 2008-11-24, C. E. White > wrote:
: > Seems the Republicans are more than willing to give Citi Group as much
: > money as they want, but won't lend GM a dime....where is the fairness
: > in that?
:
: Under what provision of the U.S. Constitution would the Republicans
: be authorized to bail out either? Or do you believe "the end justifies
: the means" (a very slippery slope indeed) and government should just
: do whatever the hell it wants whenever it wants whether lawful or not?
:
Been that way for near 8 years and yes the 'Pubs have been at the wheel
(mostly asleep) and in the majory for much of that time.