Toyota Corolla May Be Recalled over Steering Problem

Old February 18th 10, 03:30 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus,rec.autos.tech
john

Default Toyota Corolla May Be Recalled over Steering Problem

Many owners have posted about steering problems here, and guess what?
There is a problem and Corolla may be recalled!

"Some Corolla drivers in the U.S. have reported experiencing a loss of
steering control, typically occurring at higher speeds.

Sasaki says Toyota has received less than 100 complaints about
steering issues in the Corolla. At the same Japanese press conference
where Sasaki spoke, TMC President Akio Toyoda said he does not plan to
visit to the U.S. next week to appear at two U.S. government hearings.

“I trust that our officials in the U.S. will amply answer the
questions,” Toyoda is quoted as saying. “We are sending the best
people to the hearing, and I hope to back up the efforts from
headquarters.”

Yoshimi Inaba, Toyota Motor North America president, will appear at a
Feb. 24 hearing of the U.S. House Oversight and Government Reform
Committee, and a Feb. 25 House Energy and Commerce Committee hearing.

Toyoda says he will travel to the U.S. at a later date.

http://wardsauto.com/home/toyota_tra...orolla_100217/

Old February 18th 10, 03:39 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus,rec.autos.tech
john

Veered sharply at highway speeds? Must be junk design.

"Many of the complaints report that vehicles unexpectedly veered
sharply at highway speeds of 40 miles per hour and above. At least 10
injuries have been alleged."

From The Detroit News:
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz0fr5N6YyR

Old February 18th 10, 04:01 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus,rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 19:30:34 -0800, john wrote:

> Many owners have posted about steering problems here, and guess what?
> There is a problem and Corolla may be recalled!

The only problems with the Corolla's steering is the nut behind the wheel...

Moron.

Old February 18th 10, 04:13 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus,rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

On 02/17/2010 07:30 PM, john wrote:
> Many owners have posted about steering problems here, and guess what?
> There is a problem and Corolla may be recalled!

"may be"??? some owners are doubtless reporting indigestion at all the
crap union shills like you are trying to jam down their throats. but
only gullible fools will listen to mere allegation without proof.

> "Some Corolla drivers in the U.S. have reported experiencing a loss of
> steering control, typically occurring at higher speeds.

how about some media and paid usenet shillsters experiencing a loss of
credibility and integrity?

> Sasaki says Toyota has received less than 100 complaints about
> steering issues in the Corolla. At the same Japanese press conference
> where Sasaki spoke, TMC President Akio Toyoda said he does not plan to
> visit to the U.S. next week to appear at two U.S. government hearings.

you say that like it's some kind of negative thing. i wouldn't
voluntary show up in front of a tar and feather crown either.
especially when all they have to go on is hysteria and herd instinct.

> �I trust that our officials in the U.S. will amply answer the
> questions,� Toyoda is quoted as saying.

i'm sure they will. answers will be technically correct.

> �We are sending the best
> people to the hearing, and I hope to back up the efforts from
> headquarters.�
>
> Yoshimi Inaba, Toyota Motor North America president, will appear at a
> Feb. 24 hearing of the U.S. House Oversight and Government Reform
> Committee, and a Feb. 25 House Energy and Commerce Committee hearing.
>
> Toyoda says he will travel to the U.S. at a later date.

so what? he's not been invited or requested to show at any hearings.

> http://wardsauto.com/home/toyota_tra...orolla_100217/

keep cranking that propaganda handle buddy - if you keep repeating the
bull****, someone is bound to believe you.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum
Old February 18th 10, 04:33 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

There are pot holes in some of the streets around here that can bump
steer/pot hole steer vehicles all kinds of ways.
cuhulin

Old February 18th 10, 05:20 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus,rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

On Feb 17, 9:30*pm, john > wrote:
> Many owners have posted about steering problems here, and guess what?
> There is a problem and Corolla may be recalled!
>
> "Some Corolla drivers in the U.S. have reported experiencing a loss of
> steering control, typically occurring at higher speeds.

This issue is nothing new, and none that tell the truth claim a loss
of steering control. They don't like the "feel" of it. I've never seen
one
claim a loss of steering control yet. Only that they don't like the
feel
when driving at highway speeds. It doesn't feel quite the same as the
older pump driven assist.
Even if the electric assist failed, you would not lose steering
control.
This issue is nothing new and has been reported here since the new 09
versions came out.

Old February 18th 10, 05:27 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,rec.autos.tech
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 23:01:57 -0500, Hachiroku ???? >
wrote:

>On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 19:30:34 -0800, john wrote:
>
>> Many owners have posted about steering problems here, and guess what?
>> There is a problem and Corolla may be recalled!

>The only problems with the Corolla's steering is the nut behind the wheel...
>
>Moron.

Yes, I'm sure that's the case.
Old February 18th 10, 01:33 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus,rec.autos.tech
ransley

On Feb 17, 10:01 pm, Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B > wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 19:30:34 -0800, john wrote:
> > Many owners have posted about steering problems here, and guess what?
> > There is a problem and Corolla may be recalled!

> The only problems with the Corolla's steering is the nut behind the wheel...
>
> Moron.

Right , defend toyota at all costs eveybody is a dumb ass but you and
toyota. You know even here on this group people asked questions on
their corrola steering maybe a year ago long before anything was even
though of as a defect. Just keep you head in the mud hachi and stay in
denial.
Old February 18th 10, 01:40 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus,rec.autos.tech
Tegger[_2_]

john > wrote in
:

> Veered sharply at highway speeds? Must be junk design.

Or an unsubstantiated allegation, which most of these "complaints" are at
this point.

You're aware that some half of all collisions are single-vehicle crashes? A
single-vehicle crash is an embarrassing thing to be involved in; it's an
embarrassment leading to the possibility of owners blaming their bad
driving on the car.

> "Many of the complaints report that vehicles unexpectedly veered
> sharply at highway speeds of 40 miles per hour and above. At least 10
> injuries have been alleged."

"Alleged". Good word. And they remain "alleged" until proven otherwise. One
can "allege" anything he likes.

If EPS is so bad, how come there were no problems with the MR2's similar
EPS?

--
Tegger