Hood Problems: Hood Lock springs not latching

Old May 30th 06, 08:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default Hood Problems: Hood Lock springs not latching

Hi,

I'm having problems with my old 88 16v Scirocco hood. The hood isn't locking
correctly very easy at all. I noticed the plastic circle around one of the
spring mechanisms that helps latch the hood to the chassis is cracked. It's
the top of one of the metal springs that help the hood latch down. The holes
that these springs latch into look a little worn as well. Somehow I managed
to get it to latch after dropping the hood at the gas station. Got lucky I
guess. It started where only the side with the broken plastic wasn't
latching correctly. Now both sides are having issues.

Anyway, my bentley doesn't say anything about the spring locks and I can't
find anything posted on here. Any suggestions on replacing those springs or
tips to help the hood latch down? On the plus side my battery all the sudden
started working again. Sure hope to get this hood issue figured out so I can
do some other maintenance. TBH

'99 Cherokee Door Lock Problems handk Jeep 1 December 13th 05 11:48 PM
94 740IL has problems starting - vapor lock? BMW 4 September 1st 05 12:25 PM
Weird power lock problems CheetoDust VW water cooled 0 August 15th 05 05:28 PM
Steering lock problems John Graves BMW 2 December 14th 04 02:53 PM
Panel Lights/Pwr Door lock problems - 1994 Honda Accord LX Coupe LuckMeister Honda 0 October 24th 04 04:39 PM