Gas War - An Idea That Will Really Work

Old April 16th 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Gas War - An Idea That Will Really Work

GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from
one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It's worth
your consideration.

Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a
gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to
come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip
Hollsworth offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day"
campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies
just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt"
ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us
than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can
really work. Please read on and join with us! By now you're probably
thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is
currently $2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil
companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the
cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take
aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the
marketplace..... not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more
each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going
to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the
pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT
hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just
stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act
together to force a price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two
biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not
selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they
reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and
Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out at
this point.... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach
millions of people.

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us sends it to at least
ten more (30 x 10 =3D 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten
more (300 x 10 =3D 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches
the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION
consumers. If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten
friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it
goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE>>>>HUNDRED MILLION

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If
you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to
do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a
mathematician. But I am, so trust me on this one.)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to
ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could
conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?

Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you,
please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL
UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.

THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Old April 16th 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Wileyman" > wrote in
oups.com:

> GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work

Thank you for your really stupid, non-functional, idea.

Now go spam somewhere else, OK?
Old April 16th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

On 2006-04-16, Wileyman > wrote:

> Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you,
> please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL
> UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.

The only ones that will be hurt are the retailers. ExxonMobile
refineries will just ship the gasoline to the retailers you are
buying from.

> THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

No, it can't.

Look up the word "fungible".

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! I smell like a wet
at reducing clinic on Columbus
Old April 17th 06, 04:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Wileyman wrote:

<snip hackneyed old spam>

> THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

It can't, 'cos it's been around for years in various countries and,
well, it hasn't worked.

You could also accelerate the rate of closure of fuel retailers; the UK
has lost something like 75% of its stations in the last 20 years. The
profit margins THEY work on are miniscule.
Old April 17th 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

On 2006-04-17, Chris D'Agnolo > wrote:

>>> Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you,
>>> please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL
>>> UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.

>> The only ones that will be hurt are the retailers. ExxonMobile
>> refineries will just ship the gasoline to the retailers you are
>> buying from.
>>
>>> THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

>> No, it can't.
>>
>> Look up the word "fungible".

> I guess we should all just sit back and say thank you as they
> stick it in........

If the majority keeps voting the way they did in the last
election, what can you do?

> Bottom line is the oil companies own the white house

Yup.

> so I guess I'll just be glad to get my 25 to 30 mpg's in the
> miata and leave the truck in the garage.

Could be worse, "W" could be getting ready to attack another
country. We had such great luck the last time he tried it.

Oh yea...

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! Am I in GRADUATE
at SCHOOL yet?
Old April 19th 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Grant Edwards > wrote in
:

> On 2006-04-17, Chris D'Agnolo > wrote:
>
>> Bottom line is the oil companies own the white house

> Yup.
>
>> so I guess I'll just be glad to get my 25 to 30 mpg's in the
>> miata and leave the truck in the garage.

> Could be worse, "W" could be getting ready to attack another
> country. We had such great luck the last time he tried it.
>
> Oh yea...

I know it's fun to blame the US president for every bad thing in the
world, but when it comes to gas prices, you might want to look at a few
other factors. Considder the fact that some other countries (China &
India for example) are using a lot more oil than they did not very long
ago. Global oil demand has made a significant jump. And anyone who went
thru Jr High economics knows that when demand grows faster than supply,
price grows with it. It sucks, but you're gonna have to look past the
White House for the root of this evil.

-Scott
Old April 19th 06, 07:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Scott Hughes" > wrote in message
> I know it's fun to blame the US president for every bad thing in the
> world, It sucks, but you're gonna have to look past the
> White House for the root of this evil.

Yeah, It's not like they could actually do something about it, huh ?

--
I work for the ILEC ...." stuff happens! "

Old April 19th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Remove This" > wrote in news:zcv1g.4978$UK5.972
@trndny01:

> "Scott Hughes" > wrote in message
>> I know it's fun to blame the US president for every bad thing in the
>> world, It sucks, but you're gonna have to look past the
>> White House for the root of this evil.

> Yeah, It's not like they could actually do something about it, huh ?

Such as?? If you're saying they should push for more efficient use of
fuels and more use of alternative fuels, I'm with you. They are doing some
of that and could definately do more/better. I hope you're not saying you
want them to control gas prices..

-Scott
Old April 20th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Scott Hughes" > wrote
> I hope you're not saying you
> want them to control gas prices..

No Scott, I want them to tax the hell out gasoline. That way the money goes
to the government that provides us with services rather than the retiring
CEO of an oil company. Those profits are just outrageous.

Calvin: Hey dad, I'm doing a traffic safety poster. Do you have any ideas
for a slogan?

Calvin's Dad (putting on helmet and next to his bike): Sure! "Cyclists have
a right to the road too, you noisy, polluting, inconsiderate maniacs! I
hope gas goes up to eight bucks a gallon!"
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red/'92 Bridgestone XO-1/'93
Bridgestone RB-1/Surly Steamroller

Old April 20th 06, 04:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Well we don't want this to become a totally political newsgroup obviously
but these things do concern us all. You might want to consider that some
experts (obvious disclaimer here) say that as much as 50% of what crude is
now going for is directly caused by the insecurity in the oil supply (W
playing a game of 'chicken' with Iran) along with the obvious disruption the
white house has caused in Iraq. So, those of us who understand more than Jr
high economics class know that our great nation (and the whit house in
particular) has MUCH to do with this situation. Please excuse the soap box.

Chris
99BBB

"Scott Hughes" > wrote in message
> Grant Edwards > wrote in
> :
>
>> On 2006-04-17, Chris D'Agnolo > wrote:
>>
>>> Bottom line is the oil companies own the white house

>> Yup.
>>
>>> so I guess I'll just be glad to get my 25 to 30 mpg's in the
>>> miata and leave the truck in the garage.

>> Could be worse, "W" could be getting ready to attack another
>> country. We had such great luck the last time he tried it.
>>
>> Oh yea...
>>

> I know it's fun to blame the US president for every bad thing in the
> world, but when it comes to gas prices, you might want to look at a few
> other factors. Considder the fact that some other countries (China &
> India for example) are using a lot more oil than they did not very long
> ago. Global oil demand has made a significant jump. And anyone who went
> thru Jr High economics knows that when demand grows faster than supply,
> price grows with it. It sucks, but you're gonna have to look past the
> White House for the root of this evil.
>
> -Scott

COOL IDEA FOR MAKING SOME CASH! Don Driving 0 February 1st 06 04:01 AM
Repair Fraud? basva Technology 65 October 9th 05 11:26 PM
Bush: Pay up - or take the bus JOE Driving 135 October 3rd 05 06:25 PM
Body Work & Welders Rusted Jeep 19 February 11th 05 01:17 AM
Windshield washer does not work Papa VW water cooled 6 February 3rd 05 01:49 PM