Deville Seat and Mirror Problems

Old June 7th 07, 05:04 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
hvsteve

Default Deville Seat and Mirror Problems

I have an '01 Deville. There are two ongoing problems, one of which
the dealer dealt with after a lot of hassle and the other which they
can't seem to fix.

Last December the heaters in both front seats failed. They were
repaired under warranty (GMPP) but, when I got the car back, the
leather upholstery on both seats was unnatached under the front
portion. This causes the foam to hang out and the seat gives no thigh
support. I just got the car back from the dealer after the third try
to fix this. They say the plastic clips are worn and won't grab the
frame. They want me to bring the car in again to get the leather guy
in another time. Has anyone had experience with this problem?

The other situation is the passenger side exterior mirror. On the
Caddy, the mirror, in additin to having remote adjustment also angles
down when the car is in reverse, than corrects itself when the car is
in drive. I complained the mirror was making "clunking sounds" when
the car reversed. The dealer gave it back saying there was no problem.
Subsequently, after the car backed out of the driveway, when shifted
into drive, the mirror flew out of the housing and smashed against the
passenger side window. The dealer finally replaced the mirror under
GMPP, but not until letting me know it was impossible to have happened
the way I say and that the mirror had to have been physically damaged.
In other words, they'll take car of it as a courtesy, but they let me
know I'm either an idot or lier or both. The service writer and
service manager actually argued in from of me as to whether I would
have to pay anything. I think the worm gears were binding and that,
when one gear froze, the pressure of the other plastic gears
eventually cause the mirror to fly out. Can anybody tell me I'm not
nuts?