Two Saturns, one key

Old July 11th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn,alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,alt.os.windows-xp,alt.os.windows-xp
sbb78247

Default Two Saturns, one key

Banned Apache jabbered in alt.os.windows-xp:

> sbb78247 >, the skin-headed-idler and
> tongue-tied him-her who likes earth-shattering courtesy ****s with
> xenopus, and whose partner is a minx with a gaping dicky dino, wrote
> in >:
>> Tommy Tuner wrote:

>>> So now we know why Locksmithing is a dying trade and most locksmiths
>>> are starving.
>>>
>>> The last locksmith I met hadn't bathed in weeks, smelled to high
>>> heaven and basically lived inside his smelly, messed up van.
>>>
>>> He had half his teeth missing (or installed, depending upon how you
>>> look at it) and couldn't string together a simple sentence composed
>>> of words a 3rd grader would understand.
>>> In the proper order of course.
>>>
>>> We used to have a couple of smiths' do work for the dealer I work at
>>> but we quickly discovered that any idiot with the proper machine can
>>> generate a key for a car so we cut them loose.
>>>
>>> We ended up saving money big time because the number of cars the
>>> lockmsiths screwed up (mostly popped airbags) was substantial.
>>>
>>> My impression of Locksmiths is that they rank below insurance
>>> salesmen but ever so slightly above a dustman.

>> honestly, who gives a ****?

> The dustman who has been classed as a lesser mortal than a ****ing
> locksmith.
> **** me! At least dustmen do something useful on a regular basis and
> don't expect to be paid large sums of money for ****ing things up.

this is true - the dustman should rank higher as long as we are not
speaking of dustbin ko0k!

--

speak the truth and leave shortly there after

Old July 12th 06, 01:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
'Key

"sbb78247" > wrote in message
> this is true - the dustman should rank higher as long as
> we are not
> speaking of dustbin ko0k!
>
> --
>
> speak the truth and leave shortly there after

hey, ole clueless one.
you are defiantly with the right organization :-)

Old July 12th 06, 05:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn,alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,alt.os.windows-xp
David Teichholtz

"mm" > wrote in message
> >On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 00:38:00 +0000, David Teichholtz wrote:
> >
> >> When I bought my 97 SL1, it came with two keys. The ignition switch

had
> >> been replaced and the idiots who did it did not bother to have the

switch
> >> coded to the car.

> That costs extra money you know. Maybe they didn't have as much money
> as you seem to have.

As much money as I seem to have? Ha! I paid $700 for this car after the
person
who owned it was offered $250 by her mechanic. It started running rough
literally at the
last minute before the owner was moving a few states away. I got the car
running and offered the $700
and she was thrilled. With a child in college and another in private school,
I have very little money
to spend on buying cars.

I did question the previous owner about the keys and she was never offered
the option of
having the lock coded correctly, she was surprised that it could even be
done.

> There are also disadvantages to having the same key for the door and
> the ignition. A clever guy might have thought of that.

There are, but for my needs one key is much more convienient.

Old July 12th 06, 05:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
David Teichholtz

<snip>

> > one key works both cars. Locksmith charged $40 to recode the cylinders.
> >
> > -David

> So now we know why Locksmithing is a dying trade and most locksmiths are
> starving.
>
> The last locksmith I met hadn't bathed in weeks, smelled to high heaven
> and basically lived inside his smelly, messed up van.

<snip>

Well in this case the locksmith was a female, and was, in my opinion, a
fairly attractive person.
(and she smelled pretty good!)

-David

Old July 12th 06, 09:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn,alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,alt.os.windows-xp
mm

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 04:24:40 GMT, "David Teichholtz"
> wrote:

>"mm" > wrote in message
.. .

>had

>switch

"to *have* the switch coded..." means you are talking about a previous
owner, right? If you were talking about locksmiths, you would have
said "did not bother to code the switch to the car".

>> That costs extra money you know. Maybe they didn't have as much money
>> as you seem to have.

>As much money as I seem to have? Ha! I paid $700 for this car after the
>person
>who owned it was offered $250 by her mechanic. It started running rough
>literally at the
>last minute before the owner was moving a few states away. I got the car
>running and offered the $700
>and she was thrilled. With a child in college and another in private school,
>I have very little money
>to spend on buying cars.

Well you seemed to have a lot of money, because most people without a
lot of money would understand why another such person wouldn't pay to
have locks keyed alike. Instead you called them "idiots".

>I did question the previous owner about the keys and she was never offered
>the option of
>having the lock coded correctly, she was surprised that it could even be
>done.
>
>> There are also disadvantages to having the same key for the door and
>> the ignition. A clever guy might have thought of that.
>>

>There are, but for my needs one key is much more convienient.

Your needs are irrelevant, since it's the other people you called
idiots.

Old July 12th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
'Key

"David Teichholtz" > wrote in message
---snip---

why do ya have to keep cross-posting ?

--
"Key"
=====

Old July 16th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
revms

David,
Can you tell me how to remove the door skins from my 96 Saturn Coupe?

Thanks,
Marc

Old July 17th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
P T

I remember well when I bought my (new) 95 SL1. It was a nightmare. I
know everyone says they are treated well, but I guess they figured,
"This guy's a schmuck, we can ignore the *******."
Indeed, my dad accompanied me, and he described the experience as
"pretty shabby."

Anyway, at one point, the sales guy says, "Here's your key!" One
stinking key! Aren't there two? I asked. "One opens everything!"

A 5 page letter to Saturn Corp detailing the nightmare got me the other
key.

[I would have returned the car, but I was starting an intense college
schedule in a few days, and I wanted a new car, and didn't not want to
restart the buying process."]

Gas prices forcing me to look for better MPG, questions on saturns [email protected] Saturn 14 May 4th 06 03:48 PM
New Saturns marx404 Saturn 8 April 23rd 06 08:49 AM
Why Do Saturns Suck... projecti Saturn 0 October 23rd 04 12:08 AM
Are saturns notorious for burning oil? CuriousOnly Saturn 8 August 22nd 04 10:43 PM
"Saturn's VUE new, improved" Mike Saturn 2 May 28th 04 12:34 AM