M-body road trip success

Old September 12th 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DeserTBoB

Default M-body road trip success

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 13:19:40 -0500, Steve > wrote:

>I'm wondering if either of you (or are you one person stalking
>yourself?) <snip>

Not even. This troll's angry because I've crushed his eBay fraud
empire and his Google Groups spam machine. Look at the IPs on each
message.

>have ever even laid hands on an M-body. 'Splain to me how you
>run manifold vacuum to a distributor that doesn't have a vacuum fitting
>on it.<snip>

You can't, considering the '86 LA didn't even HAVE a vac advance (or
advance of any kind) on the distrubtor on the "P" code vehicles.
There's nothing in that but a shaft, a reluctor and a pickup...period.
Charlie Noodles knows zip about ANYTHING Chrysler, being a confirmed
GM stooge.

> Unless its been converted to old-style Mopar electronic ignition
>(which is as big an emissions no-no as disconnecting EGR, at least in
>the eyes of the law although it probably does actually clean up the
>exhaust compared to a non-functioning feedback computer). <snip>

My EFCS II box works perfectly. Noodles probably has never seen one.
What I did find out (and the shop manual casually neglects to say) is
that during warmup before the OČ sensor starts putting out signal
voltage, manifold vacuum IS applied to the transducer when the
throttle is closed (meaning the throttle switch is grounded), thus
raising the idle a bit until the system goes into closed loop. Once
that happens, the unit cancels any vacuum-caused advance as long as it
sees a ground from the carburetor switch. You can see this on a
'scope by looking at the duty cycle of the square wave feeding the
feedback main jet solenoid. As the OČ sensor starts generating, the
pulse width to the main jet shortens in proportion, and once that
happens, idle vacuum advance is cut off, and returns once the
carburetor switch loses its ground.

You know this system, so I'm not going to tell Noodles where it's at.
Let him wallow in his own ignorance.