GM Pass lock question

Old November 7th 05, 10:37 PM

Default GM Pass lock question

Veh: 2000 Grand Am 3.4

The other day after coming out of the grocery
store my can wouldn't start and I determined
that it was because passlock for whatever reason
thought the car was being hotwired and cut
fuel. The security light wouldn't go out.
The owners man for the car makes it
sound as though you've got to keep the keys
in the ignition and in the "on" position for 10
minutes for the light to go out. Because of
this I turned off the lights and radio etc.

Could I have turned the ig to the "off" position and/or
removed the keys and gone back inside the store
and let it reset or does it require the keys in
the "on" pos to reset?

I'd just like to know this incase this happens
again.

Thanks
MB

Old November 8th 05, 12:14 AM
Shep

Key must be left on.
oups.com...

Old November 9th 05, 01:41 PM

This is of interest to me because I still havent bypassed the system on my
Reatta and
it occasionally gets temperamental. (When I dig down to that package of
precision
resistors that I KNOW I have somewhere, I'll get to it.)

On the Reatta, you take out the key and wait for a few minutes.

Shep's answer to you may well be correct for the later model systems, but on
my 90 model,
you dont have to leave the key in the lock.