98 Caravan LE Replacement Tire Recommendations?

Old March 11th 05, 08:08 PM

Default 98 Caravan LE Replacement Tire Recommendations?

G'day All:

Current rubber, Michelin MX4 All Season 215/65 R16, came with the
vehicle from the dealer about 6 1/2 years ago. I have never liked the
feel of these things on the road (they feel 'loose' to me), but it is my
wife's vehicle and she doesn't seem to be bothered by it.
Although the tread looks good, only about 42K miles on them, they are
beginning to weather check and they have spent these years exposed to
the elements.

I am planning to have them replaced before we hit the road for some
extensive summer trips. The vehicle is located in the SE USA.

Recommendations for replacement rubber, especially if you own this model
Caravan, appreciated.

TIA,

Yaz2040
Old March 11th 05, 08:26 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 wrote:

> G'day All:

BFGoodrich Traction T/A.

Old March 12th 05, 12:43 AM
Richard

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
n.umich.edu...
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 wrote:
>
>> G'day All:

> BFGoodrich Traction T/A.

Or the Mich Hydroedge or the Goodyear Triple Tread. All superb long wearing
tires.

Richard.

Old March 12th 05, 01:59 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Richard wrote:

> > BFGoodrich Traction T/A.

> Or the Mich Hydroedge or the Goodyear Triple Tread. All superb long wearing
> tires.

Michelins are generally good but overpriced.

Goodyear = Badyear; I've only ever had ONE satisfactory set of tires out
of those jokers.
Old March 12th 05, 04:15 PM
Richard

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
n.umich.edu...
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Richard wrote:
>
>> > BFGoodrich Traction T/A.

>> Or the Mich Hydroedge or the Goodyear Triple Tread. All superb long
>> wearing
>> tires.

> Michelins are generally good but overpriced.
>
> Goodyear = Badyear; I've only ever had ONE satisfactory set of tires out
> of those jokers.

Well Michelin and Goodyear make well over a hundred different tires. Yes,
Michelin tend to be higher in price and Goodyear has made some stinkers. But
the word is that the new tripletread line is state of the art and a bit
lower in price than the Michelin's. I have the HydroEdge on my Town &
Country and find that they are truly superb (the OEM Continental were very
poor handling tires).

Richard.

Old March 12th 05, 06:17 PM

I have P215/65TR-16 Bridgestone Turanza LS-T on my 1996 Grand Caravan
LE and I can't say a bad thing about them. They are excellent in the
wet & snow, quiet, and appear to be wearing great. What else can you
ask for? They were $80 each from Tire Rack about 15 months ago.

Old March 15th 05, 02:46 AM

Thanks for your opinions Gents.

Yaz2040

1996 Dodge Grand Caravan LE AC/Heater Blower, Relay and Resistor Block Problems 101 HeadlessHorseman Dodge 0 January 5th 05 03:49 PM
65 tire recommendations bad65 Corvette 6 November 29th 04 11:53 PM
Interesting...Expired Tires Patrick Ford Mustang 4 November 10th 04 04:42 AM