Radio installationm

Old July 12th 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Dick Smyth

Default Radio installationm

The radio on my 92 Miata has died and I plan to replace it. How do you get
at the mounting behind the dash?
Tx

ds

--
There is nothing wrong with having nothing to say unless you insist on
saying it.

Old July 12th 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BAK

"Dick Smyth" > wrote in message
net.ca...
> The radio on my 92 Miata has died and I plan to replace it. How do you get
> at the mounting behind the dash?
> Tx
>
> ds
>

> --
> There is nothing wrong with having nothing to say unless you insist on
> saying it.

On the '95, there are two screws on the sides where the center console meets
the dash, one under the cup holder and two more in the center console
storage compartment. then remove the two a c vents (they pop out, rim and
all) and there are two more screws at the top where the vents came out.
There are probably more at the bottom, but mine were missing. : (

Old July 12th 06, 02:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
[email protected]

Dick Smyth wrote:
> The radio on my 92 Miata has died and I plan to replace it. How do you get
> at the mounting behind the dash?
> Tx
>
> ds
>

> --
> There is nothing wrong with having nothing to say unless you insist on
> saying it.

I am sure someone will give you the steps to remove the radio, I used
the following web site couple of times, nice step by step instruction
with color pictures and it is only $3.99.

http://www.carstereoremoval.com/htm/...iata90_97P.htm

Good luck.

Old July 12th 06, 02:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
[email protected]

Old July 12th 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto[_1_]

or free instructions found here...
console removal:
http://miata.net/garage/console_removal.html
radio removal:
http://miata.net/garage/miata_radio_removal.html

"Dick Smyth" > wrote in message
net.ca...
> The radio on my 92 Miata has died and I plan to replace it. How do you get
> at the mounting behind the dash?
> Tx
>
> ds
>

> --
> There is nothing wrong with having nothing to say unless you insist on
> saying it.

'98 F-150 radio plug wire colors? Steve Technology 1 March 5th 06 03:10 PM
'06 Mustang Colors, Part II Ken Zwyers Ford Mustang 37 February 11th 06 04:45 AM
Replacement for stock 92 Passat radio w/ActivX Edvardo VW water cooled 2 July 26th 05 10:12 PM
2004 TJ Radio Removal? Intergate Jeep 2 February 10th 05 01:52 AM
On-board Radio Diagnostic Oppie Saturn 0 August 23rd 04 02:39 AM