Replace Alternator on Buick 95 Skylark

Old February 13th 09, 04:35 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Big Bubba

Default Replace Alternator on Buick 95 Skylark

I need to replace my alternator on a 95 Buick Skylark. After a quick glance
it seems the difficult part is dealing with the belt. Getting the
alternator on and off looks simple enough.

Can anyone give me instructions, or a link, on instructions on how to do
this process?

TIA.

BR

Old February 13th 09, 03:49 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Paul[_31_]

Big Bubba wrote:
> I need to replace my alternator on a 95 Buick Skylark. After a quick glance
> it seems the difficult part is dealing with the belt. Getting the
> alternator on and off looks simple enough.
>
> Can anyone give me instructions, or a link, on instructions on how to do
> this process?
>
> TIA.
> BR

I would help to know which engine you have.
Old February 13th 09, 05:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

If you can't figure out how to get the belt off, you should leave it
alone.
Old February 13th 09, 06:30 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Big Bubba

"Paul" > wrote in message
> Big Bubba wrote:
>> I need to replace my alternator on a 95 Buick Skylark. After a quick
>> glance it seems the difficult part is dealing with the belt. Getting the
>> alternator on and off looks simple enough.
>>
>> Can anyone give me instructions, or a link, on instructions on how to do
>> this process?
>>
>> TIA.
>> BR

> I would help to know which engine you have.

It is a 3.1L V6.

TIA.

BR

Old February 13th 09, 06:32 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Big Bubba

Thanks Junior. That's what I'm working on right now.

BR

Old February 13th 09, 06:52 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Vic Smith

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 13:32:44 -0500, "Big Bubba" >
wrote:

>Thanks Junior. That's what I'm working on right now.

Hehe.
Saw this:
"If it's a V-6, it's at the bottom of the serpentine belt. There
should be a diagram of the belt on a label where the passenger's side
shock absorber is, under the hood. "

and this:
http://www.1aauto.com/1A/SerpentineB...rk/1AEBT00004/

Just get a bar on it to slacken it so you can get the belt off the
alt.
Might be able to use a wrench to turn it.

--Vic
Old February 13th 09, 06:55 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Paul[_31_]

Big Bubba wrote:
> I need to replace my alternator on a 95 Buick Skylark. After a quick glance
> it seems the difficult part is dealing with the belt. Getting the
> alternator on and off looks simple enough.
>
> Can anyone give me instructions, or a link, on instructions on how to do
> this process?
>
> TIA.
> BR

3.1 = 18mm socket on the tensioner pulley.
Make sure your car has the belt diagram.
Old February 13th 09, 07:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Big Bubba

Vic:

Thanks.

BR

Old February 13th 09, 07:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Big Bubba

Paul:

Thanks.

BR