Geo Metro Fuse locations/discription??

Old December 18th 05, 01:29 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Geo Metro Fuse locations/discription??

I have two Geo Metros that are missing their interior fuse block covers,
which is the only way to tell which fuse is for What.

Until now, I could just wait for a fuse to blow and look for the obvious,
however, ever since I got this '90 Geo, the Check Engine light has been
flashing a code. I finally looked the code up in the Haynes manual and found
that the code related to the MAP sensor. I replaced that and still the code
is flashing. I have disconnected the battery cable, several times and the
flashing code returns.

All I want to do now is turn off the diagnostic function.

The manual says that for this model car the diagnostic function is activated
by installing a spare fuse in the Diagnostic slot in the fuse block. I
suspect that the previous owner installed that fuse thinking it was required
for the proper function of the car/engine.

I know that removing the diagnostic activation fuse removal will not solve
the problem but I just want the light to stop flashing.

Does anyone know which fuse slot it for the diagnostic function activation??
It should be on the fuse cover on in the glove box owners manual. Neither of
which do I have.

Thanks,

Steve

Old December 18th 05, 02:56 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

That fuse slot sticks out from the fuse box. If what you believe is
true, and I think that you are right, the fuse in the slot will stick
out farther than the other fuses.

Old December 18th 05, 04:08 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

You may be correct, I remember seeing one fuse slot like you describe. And
there was a 20 amp fuse in it.

I'll check that out tomorrow.

Thanks
Steve

oups.com...

Old December 18th 05, 09:55 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

That fuse, that was standing Proud, was the correct one to activate the
diagnostic sequence.

I haven't reinstalled it since my driving today, so I don't know if the same
MAP fault code has recurred.. (ignorence is bliss).

Thanks

Steve