trunk mounted luggage rack for TT Roadster

Old August 30th 06, 03:33 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
buttugly

Default trunk mounted luggage rack for TT Roadster

I am looking for a trunk mounted luggage rack for my TT Roadster. If
anyone has or knows of one for sale please let me know. tks,

Old August 30th 06, 10:11 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
[email protected]

buttugly wrote:
> I am looking for a trunk mounted luggage rack for my TT Roadster. If
> anyone has or knows of one for sale please let me know. tks,

I don't know of any trunk racks for the TT. But I know of roof racks
selling for the Audi TT 2dr Coupe 99 and up. I don't know if this is
what you want though, but here's the link anyways:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Cross-Bars-Roof-R...QQcmdZViewItem

Old August 30th 06, 11:11 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
daytripper

On 30 Aug 2006 14:11:00 -0700, wrote:

>buttugly wrote:
>> I am looking for a trunk mounted luggage rack for my TT Roadster. If
>> anyone has or knows of one for sale please let me know. tks,
>>

>I don't know of any trunk racks for the TT. But I know of roof racks
>selling for the Audi TT 2dr Coupe 99 and up. I don't know if this is
>what you want though, but here's the link anyways:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Cross-Bars-Roof-R...QQcmdZViewItem

Roadster = Soft Top
I don't think conventional racks or bars are compatible.

Audi sells a trunk-mounted base rack for the TT Roadster (and Coupe, for that
matter) that would suit luggage nicely. They also sell rack attachments to
accommodate snowboards and/or skis...

/daytripper
'00 s4 6spd
Old September 1st 06, 11:37 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
buttugly

daytripper wrote:
> On 30 Aug 2006 14:11:00 -0700, wrote:
>

>>buttugly wrote:
>>
>>>I am looking for a trunk mounted luggage rack for my TT Roadster. If
>>>anyone has or knows of one for sale please let me know. tks,

>>I don't know of any trunk racks for the TT. But I know of roof racks
>>selling for the Audi TT 2dr Coupe 99 and up. I don't know if this is
>>what you want though, but here's the link anyways:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Cross-Bars-Roof-R...QQcmdZViewItem

> Roadster = Soft Top
> I don't think conventional racks or bars are compatible.
>
> Audi sells a trunk-mounted base rack for the TT Roadster (and Coupe, for that
> matter) that would suit luggage nicely. They also sell rack attachments to
> accommodate snowboards and/or skis...
>
> /daytripper
> '00 s4 6spd

Thanks for the replys,

I have checked with the dealers and the price for said rack is
ridiculous!!! I am now looking at after market racks and so far the only
one I have been able to find is at JC Whitney. Problem is that it is a
permanent mount. I am not sure if I want to do that yet. If I do, at
least it is a lot more reasonable in price!!

Buttugly
Old September 2nd 06, 05:05 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Ervin Conn Jr.

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 02:33:38 UTC, buttugly
> wrote:

> I am looking for a trunk mounted luggage rack for my TT Roadster. If
> anyone has or knows of one for sale please let me know. tks,

Check some of the links off of this website.
An absolute treasure-trove for TT owners

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7srd4/Audi_TT.html