Should BAC limits be left up to the individual driver?

Old January 14th 05, 04:19 PM
Olaf Gustafson

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:21:26 -0800, "C.H." >
wrote:

>On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:50:15 -0700, Olaf Gustafson wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:10:54 -0800, "C.H." >
>> wrote:

>>>Habitual drunks are not competent behind the wheel.
>>>

>> I'd prefer that we measure such things objectively.

>I can't wait to hear your suggestion.

Stop being so unobjective

>>>Only if he had withdrawal symptoms when sober or if he was caught driving
>>>drunk.

>> As far as we know, neither of those applied to him.

>As he is most likely the product of your overactive imagination we can
>safely discount him.

You don't read the news much, do you?

>>>As much as you wish I were some MADD fanatic, the only thing I am
>>>interested in is sharing the road with safe drivers. And only because
>>>drunk drivers are unsafe even when they didn't have much to drink I am for
>>>a zero tolerance rule.

>> Which is to say, 1 sip makes a person drunk.

>No. You need a refresher course in basic logical reasoning.

That's your logic, buddy boy. You said repeatedly that 1 drink will
lead to another. The implication was clear - if you have 1 drink,
you're very likely to have 2 even if you only started out to drink 1.

Old January 14th 05, 04:21 PM
Olaf Gustafson

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 23:52:12 -0500, "Scott M. Kozel"
> wrote:

>"C.H." > wrote:
>>
>> Scott M. Kozel wrote:

>> > Chris, are you sure that you are not arguing with a bunch of drunks? :-]

>> By now I am pretty sure I _am_ arguing with a bunch of drunks.

>I've been wondering about this "Olaf"... is that a screen name?
>It sounds like the sound of violent regurgitation...
>
>O L A F !
>
>One of the results of having too much to drink...

Fool
Old January 14th 05, 04:21 PM
Olaf Gustafson

Old January 14th 05, 04:21 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article >,
C.H. > wrote:

>Because alcohol inhibits self control, self assessment and causes euphoric
>feelings, which make you think you are in much better condition than you
>actually are.

Euphoric feelings? Are you sure you're not confusing it with another drug?
Old January 14th 05, 04:21 PM
Matthew Russotto

Old January 14th 05, 04:23 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article >,
C.H. > wrote:
>On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:19:58 -0700, Olaf Gustafson wrote:
>
>> It's too bad most bars are prevented from being in walking distance of
>> most homes by zoning ordnances.

>If your belly is too fat to walk over to the zone that bars are allowed in
>you need more exercise and walking will provide you with that.

A neo-prohibitionist HEALTH NUT, no less.

>I will readily admit that the last thing I need in my neighborhood is a
>bar that blasts loud music and has inconsiderate patrons who slam their
>car doors or blabber loudly and drunkenly after midnight.

Yep. Tell people they can't drink unless they walk to the bar, then
make sure there's no bars nearby. The diagnosis of neo-prohibitionist
stands.
Old January 14th 05, 04:23 PM
Matthew Russotto

Old January 14th 05, 04:23 PM
Olaf Gustafson

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:08:33 -0800, "C.H." >
wrote:

>On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:01:53 -0700, Olaf Gustafson wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:53:55 -0800, "C.H." >
>> wrote:

>>>Your 'I play a videogame to see whether I am sober enough to drive' is
>>>responsible? BRUHAHAHAHAHA!
>>>

>> Bwahahahahaha
>>
>> You can't even distinguish when someone is kidding around and when
>> they're not.

>With a normal person

define "normal"

> I would have assumed they were kidding, but with you
>and your self deceptions

No deception on my part. Take a look at yourself.

>the probability was higher that you were not
>kidding.

fool.

>>>You are suffering from the classic case of self deception.

>> Ah yes....here it comes.

>What?

the same old song and dance

>>>You may even kill someone sober

>> Not gonna happen.

>You must be among the stupidest 2% of drivers, if you really think that
>you cannot make a mistake

It's not that I cannot make a mistake - it's that I WILL not make a
mistake that proves to be fatal.

>that leads to someone else's death. And you must
>be even more stupid if you think that you can't make that mistake even
>drunk.
>
>>>and the risk of you killing someone even when driving with legal BAC is
>>>_drastically_ higher.

>> Again, I ask you to define "drastically".

>Depending on whose numbers you believe anywhere between 400% and 1000%.

Cite?

>>>To assert that you will not kill anyone, let alone that you will not
>>>kill anyone drunk, is quite simply wrong.

>> Wrong? So you do in fact "know" that I will kill someone?

>No,

Then I am not wrong.

>I just know that there is no driver out there, who can guarantee he
>will never make a mistake that leads to someone else's death

Then give up your license before YOU kill someone

>and that you
>are no exception, even though you apparently are stupid enough to believe
>that (see above).

>>>Also self deception.

>> Well, here's your opportunity to show me that MOST people who drink and
>> drive cause accidents.

>Where did I say that most people who drink and drive cause accidents?

See above

Old January 14th 05, 04:23 PM
Olaf Gustafson