overheating everytime change hose-'90 jeep cheroke 4x4

Old July 26th 05, 11:05 PM
glacial

Default overheating everytime change hose-'90 jeep cheroke 4x4

everytime i change the the hoses going into the thermastate, it starts to
overheat, i put more coolant in it, but it continues to over heat, the
last time i replaced the thermastat, it continued to over heat for a while
then i let it sit for a while then it seemed to fix it self, yesterday i
had a pin hole in one of the bypass hose, i replaced the hose and then it
started to overheat again, is there something i am missing, or something i
am doing wrong, when i refill the coolant,

Old July 26th 05, 11:26 PM
Coasty

Have you changed your coolant every two years? If not two things come to
mind first the impeller on the water pump is shot due to acid build up by
not changing your coolant and the other is your radiator or engine block is
clogged and needs a chemical flush or you could have both problems. Even
though the manufacturers of antifreeze tought 2-5 years of use I have seen
acids build up at 1.5 years use test strips and check every 3 months.

http://store.yahoo.com/tri-maxx2000/noname5.html

--
Coasty

Remove the SPOOGE to reply
lkaboutautos.com...

Old July 26th 05, 11:56 PM
Drifter

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 18:05:50 -0400, "glacial" >
wrote:

>everytime i change the the hoses going into the thermastate, it starts to
>overheat, i put more coolant in it, but it continues to over heat, the
>last time i replaced the thermastat, it continued to over heat for a while
>then i let it sit for a while then it seemed to fix it self, yesterday i
>had a pin hole in one of the bypass hose, i replaced the hose and then it
>started to overheat again, is there something i am missing, or something i
>am doing wrong, when i refill the coolant,

You are probably getting an air pocket trapped in/around the
thermostat. Wouldn't be a bad idea to replace the thermostat while
you are at it. If the thermostat doesn't have a "burp" hole in the
top you need to either drill one or go get a thermostat that DOES have
the hole (and make sure the hole is on top).

Drifter
"I've been here, I've been there..."